IO: I've had it with feminine hygiene products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No...that's cool. I saw it before you edited!

I guess I am tired of deleting all of the forwarded messages I get in my e-mail...and then have to also see them here on interference.

:shrug:

Very funny-except for the part where you claimed to have written and sent it. That's called plagarism.

Not having to deal with kotex and their witty advice is the only positive result of my surgery last year.:drool: The never having to think about another surprise pregnanacy was a plus, too.

The sticky strips over here have random stupid facts....

Did you know a bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissable in court? :|

One of the many good things to come out of my life saving surgery of my hysterectomy, ovaries and 'tubes' was that I longer had to put up with having any more periods or wasting money on expesive female hygiene products!:huh:

joyfulgirl said:
Wow, well, I guess I'm going to be the party pooper here. I realize that this is all in good fun and maybe I should not try to inject a serious tone here, and I do agree that the pantiliner strip is annoying as are most marketing techniques around feminine hygeine products...

yet, I have always tried to monitor my diet and exercise during my cycle, and take certain supplements, and guess what? I actually have no idea what cramps and PMS are. I don't experience it. Some of the annoying advice actually works (don't mess with my coffee, though).

When women complain about PMS and cramps I try not to be annoying about giving advice but I do suggest that women really do not have to have a bad time with their periods unless they have some unusual circumstances.

Now, the beef I have with feminine hygeine products is all the scented items that we're supposed to insert so that we smell fresh inside. :|

I didn't read your post before I posted my reply but now I've read it, I really have to say that you should consider yourself very lucky that you don't suffer from cramps or PMS! And the women who do have severe cramping, like I did before my operation, during my peroid was due to, unknown to me until my situation became critical, endrometriosis!! And no diet or any amount of exercise or drinking water would have made it any better!
And if I'd known about the possibilty of something like this causing such severe pains I would've insisted on a thorough check up sooner. But whenever I went to a doctor complaining about my menstral pains I just told that's just something women have to put up with a given stronger pain medication!:mad:

Last edited:
ugh...not that I am usually so keen on sharing such informatin, but everyone else has....

I have TERRIBLE cramps...I eventualy had to tell my boss about it because I call off once a month and she started asking for a doctor's note.

You're not supposed to drink tea because it decreases iron, but I tell you what, tea is practically the only thing I can drink...I'm not about to cut out caffine....it's what helps me through it

And hwere do you find these pads with random facts on it....why must they make us even more aware of an already uncomfortable situation?

menstrual-cup-mooncup.jpg

Today I was thinking about random things and one of them was the messages on feminine hygiene products. Perhaps they should instead include jokes, shopping lists, recipes?

Carek1230 said:
Even fashion tips, do's and don'ts or make up tips!

Or things to see and do in your city - or maybe lyrics to songs so you can sit there and sing to yourself - oh and don't forget the cocktail recipes 'cos we all know when your PMSing, you need a drink or three :D

Back
Top Bottom