IO: I've adopted Goldilocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
So...4 weeks ago on Monday, I adopted a 4 year old aussie. He's a sweet dog, and he knows not to jump on furniture...

Except when I'm not around. I've been coming home to finding dog fur in my bed, which he KNOWS is a no-no.

How do I stop him from doing this? He is a guard dog, and I want him to have free range of my flat, so I don't want to lock him out of my room. But how can I stop him from laying his stank ass on my bed when I'm not around.

Any tips?

I don't have any tips but I think it's rather funny with what Bailey is doing :lol:

Really I had the same problem with my dog Butterball and the furniture. I Live in a house so I was able to leave him in his kennel outside when I wasn't going to be home and the weather was nice. Not too sure what you can do though considering that you live in an apartment :hmm:

How about setting some items on the bed? Do you think if you maybe had a couple cardboard boxes up there that that would deter him from jumping up there?

Chewie has full run of the house when we're gone...she's allowed on the furniture though (except for the guest room bed). We'd been doing test runs with leaving her on her own, and now she's proven herself. I was curious as to what she did all day, so one morning I arranged all of her toys in a neat pile, made sure our bed was prefectly made, and I fluffed up the pillows on the couch. When I came home...the bed was still perfect, the toys were still in a pile, and one of the pillows on the couch was flattened. Apparently, she just snoozes on the couch all day. :cute:

We had a dalmation when I was a kid that did the same thing. I remember my mom put a mousetrap on the chair with newspaper over it. The dog obviously tried to jump up on the chair and must have been spooked because she never did that again.

Or call that Dog Whisperer guy!

tpsreports2424 said:
Maybe you can put a dog bed out so you can train your dog how to lay on the doggie bed..

The best one I got so far..

ya know, thats how he tries to fool me. he has his own bed, and sleeps on it when i'm around. we sleep on our own beds at night, so he does like it.

:lol: kinda reminds me of that movie single white female. i bet he puts on my clothes too and calls my friends and pretends to be me when i'm gone.

You might want to do a "test spray" in a small area just to make sure it doesn't damage the fabric.

It's been my experience that it doesn't smell bad to people (it smells like apples). But if a dog licks whatever it sprayed with teh bitter apple spray, it serves as a deterrant.

We used it last year when my beagle decided to eat the little plastic sheep from our nativity display. One taste of the bitter apple spray, and she didn't touch the sheep again.

Like rosemary extract repels cats. We had a really old sick cat who had bladder trouble so we put that on the apohlstered furniture and the oriental rug so he wouldn't do too much damage.

/off topic procrastination

Back
Top Bottom