IO: I'm so F***D up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2zoogirl

War Child
my computer is dead...
and I've lost all my files... all my work and I'm gonna loss my job for sure...
I've lost all my music
I've lost all my portfolio
:sad: :sad: :sad:

and my project sucks I've done nothing... and I won't make it I feel so frustrated...

:sad:

:hug:
this has happened to so many people lately, its weird almost.
dont feel everything is lost just yet. do you know anyone who's hd you can borrow to run a scan on yours? you might have what i had which was a few bad sectors. it meant buying a new hd but everything that was still ok could be salvaged off my rooted hd and loaded onto the new one. its painstaking, but worth it.

:hug:

yeah try running a scan or booting of the install CD if you have it and running a virus scan and defragmenting the hard drive...maybe you can get it back up long enough to save some of the stuff. that's happened to me before too. now i back up everything important every month or so onto CDs, even if it's stuff i think i'll never use again like useless stuff i post on interference, i save everything.

and even if it wont boot, dont give up just yet.

truly, its frustrating, but there should be a way to save at least some of it.

maybe even take it to a repair place, they may be able to salvage something from the hard drive too.

I took my pc to a repair center
they couldn't save all the files... and the damaged ones are the ones I need the most (damned murphy :madspit: ) ...

I talked this morning with one of the guys of the publishing house... he was very nice with me and he offered me a new change but I can't take it now cuz I have no time to work now... I had so many illusions about that.. you know, see your work published in a book :sad:

Back
Top Bottom