IO.....I'm off to Lucerne Valley in exactly a year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fly so high!

Refugee
Packing the whole family up for my Uncle's 50th in April 2008.....it's gonna be a huge suprise party.....so i gotta start saving!

Psst.......I heard Lucerne Valley is the Australia of the US...dry and friggin' hot! What else is there?

fly so high! said:
Packing the whole family up for my Uncle's 50th in April 2008.....it's gonna be a huge suprise party.....so i gotta start saving!

Psst.......I heard Lucerne Valley is the Australia of the US...dry and friggin' hot! What else is there?

OK...I've taken the liberty of offering you a link to the Lucerne Valley...the weather in April will be spectacular...check out this website and keep in mind that you'll be within an hour of the Joshua Tree National Park...(yes, that JT park but not THE Tree...)

The Lucerne Valley is about an hour and a quarter northeast of the BAW's; I work in that area quite often so when you get into town, give us a hollar!

http://www.lucernevalley.org/

Last edited:
Thanks Mr BAW!
I've been checking out the website.......i was looking at some lodging options. I will definately want to catch up......I'm not going all that way to miss out seeing some of the Blue crack clan from the US.
It will be 9 years since i last saw my Uncle........not sure how my mum's going to go,she is nervous as all hell, Mum has not even flown out of NSW let alone Oz since the day she migrated from Ireland!

UberBeaver said:
Nice. It looks like you'll be near San Diego too. That's one of my favorite cities in the US. Cali in April is awesome.

"Near" is a bit debatable in this case. I live in San Diego. If I were to drive up to Lucerne Valley the one way trip would come up to be about 148 miles (2.5 hours). It's certainly doable however there are parts that can snag you with traffic.

Cleasai said:

"Near" is a bit debatable in this case. I live in San Diego. If I were to drive up to Lucerne Valley the one way trip would come up to be about 148 miles (2.5 hours). It's certainly doable however there are parts that can snag you with traffic.

Well, she'll be nearer to San Diego than I am. :grumpy: I think SD is worth a 2.5 hour trip. No?

No idea where Lucerne Valley is. And I'm from S.Calif.
Safe travels! :hug:

And we're having summertime weather here right now :)

Rookies!!!

fly so high...not that it means anything to you but it will to the "locals" Lucerne Valley is 25 miles due east of the I-15 freeway in Victorville...so when you kids see the Victorville/Apple Valley exits, look east and within that deserted 25 mile range is the Lucerne Valley...

:)

Angela Harlem said:
is there a lot of hay in this valley? horses, maybe?

cherin where is my invite, by the way?
:grumpy:

:lol: My uncle IS a farrier! You are welcome to join me.......it will be nice to hear a familiar accent....they talk funny over there:wink:

Looks like we will prolly be shacking up on my uncle's property.....so his wife will have to know that we are coming 'cause of monetary reasons (around AUS$8000 just to fly 4 people,plus expenses the credit card is going to cop a floggin')... it's a BIG SEEEEEEKRIT that we are coming , my uncle CANNOT find out.
Not looking forward to the saving part for this trip! But soooooo looking forward to seeing them......it's been too long!!!!

Mr. BAW said:
Rookies!!!

fly so high...not that it means anything to you but it will to the "locals" Lucerne Valley is 25 miles due east of the I-15 freeway in Victorville...so when you kids see the Victorville/Apple Valley exits, look east and within that deserted 25 mile range is the Lucerne Valley...

:)

Thanks everyone! I just hope no spanners get thrown into the works this year............:lol: to how 2.5 hours is a long time......that's down the road for us........i am happy to do that every w/end for just something to do!
I'm looking forward to this! the kids are going to LOVE IT!!!!

Write me in a year from now, we could arrange for a few of us to meet you at one of the nearby restaurants...plenty of nice new ones along I-15 and Highway 18...like I mentioned, I work in that area often and I'm numb to the drive...its a pretty area during the spring....:up:

Back
Top Bottom