IO: I'm not on the jury!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzlingamy

Refugee
The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - M
So, got called for jury duty, but due to my views on certain crimes i was dismissed! HURRAH!

I got paid $36 to sit in a room with wireless internet and play around all day, and then get told by some snotty defence lawyer 'dismiss!' :happy:

I'm just glad i don't have to sit and listen to a stupid court case against an arsehole that deserves a full slap up the head and a 10 year gaol term! (which is actually what i said when asked!)

*skips off*

we get spoiled here. it's awesome. well, it's less than even the lowest wage, but still.
:up:

what was the case about? you can talk about it now!

dazzlingamy said:
So, got called for jury duty, but due to my views on certain crimes i was dismissed! HURRAH!

I got paid $36 to sit in a room with wireless internet and play around all day, and then get told by some snotty defence lawyer 'dismiss!' :happy:

I'm just glad i don't have to sit and listen to a stupid court case against an arsehole that deserves a full slap up the head and a 10 year gaol term! (which is actually what i said when asked!)

*skips off*

*takes notes if ever called to jury duty*

have you been naughty angie? :wink:

it was an animal abuse case. This horrible man had been abusing animals in his neighbourhood, but nothing had been done about it for so long! I was pretty fucked off when they said how far back the charges were going to go. Luckily they didn't tell us what he actually DID to the animals, but from the amount of charges against him, im sure it was bad.

I want to be on a case where its so scary they have to put you up in a hotel for a week and pay for everything! hehehe

his name wasn't phil, was it?
:ohmy:
my friend had a huge blue with a neighbour because he violently and grossly abused his dogs. god he's a vile one. she moved when he said he was going to come after her daughter though.
:|

and i cant serve because i'm studying the justice system. i lack an open mind, too.
:wink:

oooh go you ms lawyer (i forgot you were doing that!)

most of my friends can't serve because they've been convicted of crimes! hahahaha!

yuck. there are some mighty shitty people in this world. And the stupid thing is, people were shocked that i was so harsh against it, one woman later said 'surely a life is more valuable then an animal' :huh: 'Does an animal not have a life as well' i said, she just looked so cold, i thought they'll want her on the jury!

Fuck! it gets me so angry *breathes deeply* I'm glad im not there, im not one to keep quiet in the best of times! hahahah

:lol: that;s funny about your mates :D well, not funny, but you know.

I hope this fellow goes to jail for a really long time. were the rspca involved? they're good. if the police can combine it with other criminal matters, he should have a fuck all chance of getting off. especially lately with the media influencing animal abuse cases.
:up:

did you smack that lady in the head? this is another reason i wont ever serve, i think some people can read my mind and tell i am thinking violent thoughts about them.
:drool:

Back
Top Bottom