IO: I'm not impressed by high school talent show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball2606

The Fly
Today was the annual talent show at my high school. Last year was awesome. I was not impressed this year. There were about thirteen acts, i suppose. I thought MAYBE FIVE of them were good. well, i guess that's alot.
This girl in my band class, Cara, has an AMAZING voice and acompanied by a guitarist she sang Jolene. It was sweet.
I'm an official LIDS groupie. Lids is just a bunch of percussionists banging on garbage cans. I'm impressed by it....

anyway.... should i expect mediocrity, or should i expect people who actually have a TALENT in what they do? dancers: terrible, the"bands" terrible ('cept for paranoia... any way..)

anyone have a horror stories from HS talent shows past?
i'd love to hear them...

my talent puts the ass clowns to shame

I don't remember any talent shows when I was high school but I fondly recall the big Dr. Peter Marshall Elementary School talent show of 1977.

I think my group won second place for our choreographed lip synch routine to I'm Your Boogie Man or Boogie Shoes...something by KC & the Sunshine Band. We wore white shorts, white shoes and white gloves and lit the stage with a black light so we would glow :reject:

I was in the talent show my senior year. :reject: I sang a part from Summer love from Grease. I had to wear a poodle skirt and stuff. It was pretty fun tho :D

Back
Top Bottom