IO: I'm lactose intolerant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i've recently been converted to the lactose intolerant side too. happily, i can still eat my beloved yogurt and cheese in small doses. but milk, no way. :mad:

i like soy milk, but it's got to be flavoured. the vanilla and chocolate are pretty good, but one of my good friends told me it's got a lot of estrogen in it that can mess with your system. i'm planning on trying out the rice milk, too.

try mix some yoghurt with mango juice and a little of water, you get a good indian-style lassi.

I drink a bottle of milk every day. My doc says that´s fine.

I may add I like milk that much because we got it cummin directly from the cows in the Alps.

hiphop,

what's the % milk fat you drink in Europe? I remember it being quite a bit higher than the usual 2% we have here. I think like 2.8-3.2%, tasted much more creamy.

anitram said:
hiphop,

what's the % milk fat you drink in Europe? I remember it being quite a bit higher than the usual 2% we have here. I think like 2.8-3.2%, tasted much more creamy.

We got different kinds of milk. The one I drink at the moment is 3.5%, everything around 3.5% or 3.6% is is so-called full milk, whereas you can also buy half-fat milk (around 1.5%) and low-fat milk, usually around 0.5% (but I don´t know exactly, because I never drink it). Let me take a look the fridge.. chocolate milk is low-fat, too.

There´s also different sorts of freshness, usually we drink the one which takes around 2 days to make the way from the cow into the store, but there is special fresh milk (we call it baby milk, and it´s a little more expensive) where it only takes one day (doesn´t really make a difference in taste, if you ask me, but I´m sure the babies like it). Then, you have around three or four more days to finish the milk (later, it gets bad).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom