IO : I'm Ireland Bound This Summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't been to Ireland before.. this'll be the first time I've been overseas. My mum lives in Dubby so I'm going to have a visit with her and take in the sights as well :D Honestly, I can't wait to go. :hyper:

I am going in the fall, then when I decide where else I want to go back and visit I'm planning to return in 2 years. I'll be gone for three weeks, longest vacation ever and I can't wait!! :dancing:

Yep, I'll be away for a couple weeks. My mum was saying today "Maybe you'll see Bono and the boys around"

I said " Don't tease me like that ":giggle:

Kat are you going to Ireland as well this year?

This'll be the longest flight I've ever been on. Anyone have any tips for avoiding boredom?

Last edited:
Yea. Basically we actually have a flight two hours to the west.. to Toronto first.. then catch a connecting flight from TO to Dublin. :giggle:

Yea, reading seems like the top choice. Reading and sleeping :up:

My brother has already been overseas and he was telling me how cool it was flying into the daylight. I'm going to try and get a picture of that.

RavenBlue said:

Kat are you going to Ireland as well this year?

This'll be the longest flight I've ever been on. Anyone have any tips for avoiding boredom?

Yes this summer :D

Last time I was sick the whole flight over :barf: so that kind of overrode the whole boredom thing

Ipod,books and drugs :up: I hope to sleep a good portion

Yes I've heard that :)

I read somewhere that you should try and adjust to the timezone by changing to what it is where you're going like the day before you leave.

I thought that was interesting... don't know whether I'll try that or not... though I'll likely be too excited to sleep anyway. Enter the sleeping pill :giggle: Marvy invention that.

When are you leaving Kat? We're going late June.

RavenBlue said:

I thought that was interesting... don't know whether I'll try that or not... though I'll likely be too excited to sleep anyway. Enter the sleeping pill :giggle: Marvy invention that.

When are you leaving Kat? We're going late June.

You're so cute raven! You said marvy :cute:

I'm going end of july into august. :love:
Let me know if you'll still be there. I'll just be hanging out with family mostly, no plans. Aside from a wedding and copious amounts of Guinness :drool:

Unfortch we're only going for a couple weeks.. we'll be back before you likely get there Kat :sigh: Oh well, maybe next time :wink:

Thanks for the link Ribbons&Bows, I shall try to get to Dingle.

That sounds like a folk song title... heck, it probably is :wink:

the rockin edge said:
sometimes depriving yourself of some sleep the night before can help with that.

Yep! My girlfriend is flying down to meet me and we're staying up all night then catch a n early morning flight from San Diego with a stop on the east coast for a couple hours then leave there about 7pm arriving in Shannon at 7:30am. We'll catch some shut eye on that leg of the trip and be ready to go once we touch down and clear customs!

It seems like a lot of people from Interland will be going to Dublin this summer :dance:

Oh and about the boredom thing while flying? Reading and sleeping is good, listening to music is good too :yes:

:drool: Dublin is the place to be.

I'm leaving Ireland for France this summer. France :drool:

RavenBlue said:
My mum lives in Dubby so I'm going to have a visit with her and take in the sights as well :D Honestly, I can't wait to go. :hyper:

Ireland and free accommodation. Double bonus! :up:

:wink:

Hope you have a great time and the flight across isn't too bad for you. :)

JanuaryStar said:
It seems like a lot of people from Interland will be going to Dublin this summer :dance:

Oh and about the boredom thing while flying? Reading and sleeping is good, listening to music is good too :yes:

:up: Since I'm going with a girlfriend and we are so giddy about the trip I know we won't be bored on the flight over. We are ready with word games, cards, book, magazines and music. Should make the time AND the east coast stop over go quick enough.

Back
Top Bottom