IO: I'm going to Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbird

War Child
Can anyone suggest a decent hotel that's not too expensive (say 100 - 150 Euro per night) that will put me in a good and fairly central part of Dublin? This would be for a weekend stay... unfortunately The Clarence is 400 Euro per night....

thanks!
tbird

I used to go to Dublin quite frequently, and whenever I got sick of hostels, I'd stay at the Principal Hotel. It's right on Temple Bar, and you can walk everywhere. Technically it's on Fleet Street, the end of it so it's not noisy at all. The security is terrific and it's quite nice-- tea and coffee in the rooms, nice bathroom en suite, etc. When I stayed there it was only 60 euro a single room and 100 euro for two if you book through www.visitdublin.com. I miss Dublin.

Last edited:
Book through websites like www.goireland.com or something like that. It's a lot cheaper than booking with the hotels.

Try the Days Inn on Talbot Street. Basic, but cheap. Or the Jurys Inn hotel near the Custom House on the Quays. Good value for money.

I stayed at the Townhouse on the North side, right between Bono Vox Hearing Aids and Connolly Station. Last March it was 66 euro a night for just me. Tiny, comfortable little room with the most comfortable hotel bed ever :drool: , and a huge breakfast included.

martha said:
I stayed at the Townhouse on the North side, right between Bono Vox Hearing Aids and Connolly Station. Last March it was 66 euro a night for just me. Tiny, comfortable little room with the most comfortable hotel bed ever :drool: , and a huge breakfast included.

i 2nd this. i stayed there in 2002. Lovely, unpretentious, cheap, close to DART, small, comfy for one person, quiet. about a 10 min walk to temple bar.

www.townhouseofdublin.com

p.s. don't stay in temple bar if you want to get any sleep. it's noisy till all hours. great if you want to party every night till 4am. Not so great if you don't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom