IO# I'm getting married!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
but not really

but my sister is
but I will maybe get married someday

but maybe not

and so on//

My grandma was pressuring me about having kids today. I do want kids, but there is no potential husband in sight for me, so I do have quite a while before I humor her. She said--I want great-grandchildren before I am too old to be able to fully enjoy them!

Doh!

:|

I am not getting married...you want kids...I see an easy solution here for the both of us

your signature is the poster from Royal Tenebaums one of my favorite moveis of all time

~LadyLemon~ said:
My grandma was pressuring me about having kids today. I do want kids, but there is no potential husband in sight for me, so I do have quite a while before I humor her. She said--I want great-grandchildren before I am too old to be able to fully enjoy them!

Doh!

:|

I always find these kinds of requests to be ridiculously selfish. Of course they want grandchildren/great-grandchildren; they get to wear the title as a status symbol and don't have to take care of the children or pay for them.

Melon

melon said:

I always find these kinds of requests to be ridiculously selfish. Of course they want grandchildren/great-grandchildren; they get to wear the title as a status symbol and don't have to take care of the children or pay for them.

I kinda feel the same way. My grandmother who has never worked a day in her life brought my mom and my aunt up to want nothing more than to reach 21 yrs old and then find a husband. So consequently, now that I'm 26 and living with my boyfriend with no marriage or want for kids in sight, she doesn't understand my life and how I don't have kids already. It gets really irritating to me as someone who would rather work at a career, but I try to be as polite as possible when I show her that her nagging is a generational thing.

geez, this makes me happy that my parents don't really care! :huh:

well, they don't nag me about it. they know we're much too young to be parents, and now we're finally on our own...if we have kids when we're not ready we'll just be bitter and resentful of it later down the road, and our marriage and children will suffer because of it. they know we only want one kid, and we want a daughter.

KhanadaRhodes said:
geez, this makes me happy that my parents don't really care! :huh:

Me too!! Though I think my parents (well my dad and stepmom at least) thought I was a lesbian or asexual until they found out that I was dating Sam....so the fact that I'm not was a relief....Now they just apparently think I'm a horrible person and no one wants to be with me once they've known me very long, and so everytime I talk to them they ask, "So are you and Sam still together?" :huh:

Back
Top Bottom