IO: I'm a teenager...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I felt like that right before my 18th birthday. I thought I'd be all excited, but in the end I just had to go to school all day, and work until 10:00 PM...probably the most boring birthday I've had so far...and I really didn't feel any different....

But it is fun to be legal :lol:

Happy B-Day Maddy :D

You're learning one of life's dirty little secrets -- you don't feel any different after the "big" birthdays than you do before. :ohmy:

Your a great girl Maddy, and seem to have alot to look forward to in the future. You have a great outlook on things!!! Things truly get better with age! :hug:

Your poor mother...

j/k. I just got done with being a teenager. It had its moments, good and bad. Have fun and don't forget about us here on Interference while you go off into the world of teenagehood. Also, f#ck all those teenage jerks who judge people for not being cookie-cutter mainstream clones. Develop your own character and you will be a much more interesting, confident and happy adult earlier on.

13 was pretty cool actually...

You don't start feeling any different until you're 15 or 16. Trust me. My dad said he doesn't even consider anyone under that age a "real" teenager. :wink:

Happy birthday, Maddy. :)

JC- :hug: thanks!!

Now i'm legally alowd to see PG-13 movies! :happy:

LemonMelon- I get what you mean...now that I'm 13, I just wanna be 14....:lol:

Varitek- thanks! I'll never forget you guys here :hug:

Don't mind us, Maddy. :wink: Not everyone hates their teenage years. We've just become jaded. I blame society. :happy:

"Making teenagers depressed is like shooting fish in a barrel"

--Bart Simpson

I wouldn't worry though. Until you start listening to depressing alterna-goth rock music and start being tempted by actual, quite frightening peer pressure, it can be very fun. You get to strut around and pretend you're 78 times more mature, even though you've only aged a day since you were twelve. :drool:

Age is only a number anyway...I talk like I'm 21 sometimes, but then I end up feeling like I'm 10 just a few minutes later when I get in over my head. :hmm:

love_u2_adam said:
hey being older then all your friends is kinda shitty sometimes..when you're older and 18 you'll realize this when you have people to go to the bar with lol:happy:

Well, for her it would be 21, but the flip side is, when you're 20 and younger than all your friends, you'll have to shell out for a fake.

:shifty:

Now that I think about it, I am a little sad that the teen years are going to end here for me in three months :\

:up:

Go out, party a lot, and have fun!!

:shifty: Don't tell your mom I said that though...:lol:

Seriously though, enjoy yourself before you have to start working and all that. Oh, and don't worry about being younger than everyone else in your grade, I was a full year or more younger than everybody in mine. :shrug:

^Actually, I'm really glad that I entered kindergarten early and ended up much younger than everyone else...other than them being 18, and I'm not yet...:lol: I'm a whole lot more mature than the grade that was below me, and I would have gone insane if I had to be in the high school one more year. :D Oh, and getting my license after everybody else kind of sucked too, but on the flip side, I had lots of friends to drive me around. :)

I'm sixteen and younger than all my friends except one who's 18 months younger than me. :scream: I still can't technically see rated R movies yet. :lol: Except no one cards me because I look nineteen.

18 more days...18 more days...

indra said:
You're learning one of life's dirty little secrets -- you don't feel any different after the "big" birthdays than you do before. :ohmy:

Except the ones which make you want to curl into a ball and begin arthritis exercises.
:wink:

Not that we'd know, being spring chickens and all that.

On topic, though, I can't believe you have only just turned 13!! You're a very mature and sensible young girl. Your mum must beam with pride at you. :)

:up:

Oh, and happy birthday! :D

Back
Top Bottom