IO: I'm a proud slave owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
Yay for misleading titles. This could probably go in LS, but even I am sick of displaying my stupidity for the whole world to see.

I bought a new HD today in the hope that I can set it up as the master, and then make the broken one the slave (hence misleading title). Once I have installed everything, should I then be able to access some of the more important things off the broken one?

Here's hoping anyway. I miss my mp3s too much.

i think that is a great idea beli. i'd be too ashamed to admit what exactly my computer exists of though. its such a schizophrenic mix of early 90's and the absolute latest in technology...the guy in dick smith today had to bite his lip when i told him how much ram i had, then nearly laughed when i told him i steadfastly refused to upgrade from 98 to anything else.

when the husband gets home i am simply going to say to him "here's a new hd, here is the dead comp, please fix. i'll call you for dinner in a few hours"

what os are you on now beli? no windows at all?

I have windows XP at the moment. I have just swapped IE & Outlook for Mozilla. Which is ssooooo much faster. I loove. Except my virus checker doesnt like it. I will have to ask one of the nerds at work tomorrow. I dont want Nortons as I have heard it fixes the viruses but creates other problems.

Same goes with your hard drive problem. I would know how to fix that. My computer nerds seem to accept choc milk as payment if thats any help.

i can't count the times i've filled my comptuer up with mp3s and crap, and dumped it out and then filled it up again.

I read a joke once about the biggest oxymoron of all time

It was:

Miscrosoft Works

hahahahaha. :|
i need a better sense of humour :huh:

beli said:
Years ago one of the Microsoft employees declared that software is a gas as it expands to fill its container. :|

what is that supposed to mean?

That no matter how big computers get they are always going to be too small to run software as software just keeps on taking up more and more space on the hard drive. ie your computer will never be big enough.

After that fantastic attempt at a joke I think I will depart to work. :|

beli said:
That no matter how big computers get they are always going to be too small to run software as software just keeps on taking up more and more space on the hard drive. ie your computer will never be big enough.

After that fantastic attempt at a joke I think I will depart to work. :|

I laughed

:censored: computers.
the stupid thing wont 'fit' now. it needs some JPL or something thing done...:der:

i should just get a typewriter and snailmail my replies to elvis to scan in for me.

:grumpy:

hihihihihi

that's not funny though :mad:

perhaps you should attack it with a hammer and a saw until it does fit :up:

Back
Top Bottom