IO : I'm a Learner Driver!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Ok, so i'm a year late, most people get ther L's at 16...so i got mine at 17...who cares :)

Is Daddy Gonna Pay for my crashed car?....:lol:...if i DO, i doubt it :wink:

Uh she sais that she cant afford a car and insurance and all that. She takes the bus everywhere or her bf drives her :huh: I know.. she's kinda :coocoo:

Well done, I got mine about four months after I turned 16. I almost cause a major crash today:( . But hey, I'm still learning, just try not to stall and amazing 7 times in a row like I did when I was starting out. I almost had a melt down at the time.
Good luck!

I'm scared of learning to drive (and I don't have the money for lessons!). :reject: I can drive an automatic and have a Kentucky liscence, but it expires in December and I can't renew it by post. Also, I haven't driven in over three years. :yikes:

I have been getting lessons for 18 months now (but have only had 30, they have been really spread out). I'm doing my test on Thursday. I'm really nervous because my instructor keeps making jokes about failing. :reject:

no license yet and been 5 years since started driving...bytheway did u know u could have a murder case on your hands if u kill someone while driving and do not have a license!

ibiarain said:
bytheway did u know u could have a murder case on your hands if u kill someone while driving and do not have a license!

I'm sure the same applies if you do have a license and kill someone.

My aunt got really drunk one night when she was out with her boyfriend and she drove his car home. She wasn't on the insurance. She saw a dog on the road and swerved to avoid it and ended up causing uproar because she wrecked multiple cars in the process. She got my Mum to come to the police station with her under the pretence she only knocked the front of one car but when my Mum was listening to the policeman in the police station he was talking about car #1 then car # 2 etc and she had to leave the room because she was embarrassed/ needed to laugh.
:lol:

It could have been really serious though but thankfully nobody was hurt.

My aunt tries to avoid talking about that story by telling us about the time my Dad and uncle wrecked my Grandads car and the door was bent backwards so they parked it infront of a lorry and blamed the lorry driver or about the time my Dad bought a new car and took his brothers and sisters to see Bruce Springsteen in Dublin and shouted at them all for smoking in the car so my aunt lit a ciggarette and had her head out the window but when she tried to throw it away it came in the window and nearly set the car on fire so my Dad made her get out and search under the seats for it and when her and my uncle were out of the car smoking to "clam their nerves" my Dad drove off and left them there. :lmao:

:randomstories:

L's, pretty good - I got my L's 2 months before I turned 18 (Apr 2001). I got my P's Sept this yr. Just wait till you get your licence! Much better and so convenient. :)

I like that in other countries people with their learners get a big L to place on their cars. :up: Last week while driving around I saw one person with that on their car and it surprised me, that was the first time I have seen that here in the states. The driver must have been from England because their car was decorated with England stickers.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I like that in other countries people with their learners get a big L to place on their cars. :up: Last week while driving around I saw one person with that on their car and it surprised me, that was the first time I have seen that here in the states. The driver must have been from England because their car was decorated with England stickers.

How do learners learn how to drive in America?

We take our lessons with a driving instructor (because it is too expensive insurance wise to learn in a parents car) and then the driving test is split into 3 parts, theory test, practical test and then questions after the test. The test is quite hard and they seem to be quite strict and lessons are very expensive, I've spent £600 on just over 30 lessons and my instructor says the min most people need are 25 - 35 lessons. It is costing me £100 to do the test and it was £25 to take the theory test. When I can drive the insurance is really really really high so I might not be on the insurance until the year after next when I come back from Spain. I also have to fork out £600 next week for half of my uni fees.

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom