IO: Icelandic Sheep Dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
We adopted a stray dog over a year ago, finding him adorable (he climbed over our fence and into our backyard, and we fell in love with him after that...lol), but we always wondered what breed he was. Well, on accident, I stumbled upon photos of Icelandic sheep dogs, and they look just like him! Here's a picture of another dog, but that looks almost identical to my dog.

Pic09.jpg

What confounds me, though, is how we even came to find him. Apparently, this is considered a "rare breed" and there are only about 50 in existence in North America. :huh: I'm guessing, though, that he isn't a purebred dog. He weighs about twice the size of what an Icelandic sheep dog should be...and he's not remotely fat. But still...that means that at least one of his parents was part of that 50!

(BTW...we actually did meet his previous owner, who worked in a nursery down the street. She abandoned him, because she lived in a city and couldn't take care of him anymore.)

Anyhow, how much luckier I feel for having him....almost literally one of a kind....so, there's no point for this thread, except to post pictures of my new favorite breed of dog...lol.

Melon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom