IO I wittnessed an accident last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
so last night I'm driving home, it had been raining. I'm on this little road that has four lanes of traffic (I say little road because it's not as busy as the other roads around us), anyway, I look in my rear view mirror just as I hear this awful horrible sound. I see this black pickup truck completely lose control and spin and nearly flip over--going at least 45-50 miles an hour in a 30 mile zone. I slowed down---not sure that was a great idea---but thank God there were no cars around the pick up. Actually, it seems I was the only one that even noticed anything was wrong.
I watched as they went spinning toward the trees and a creek, then I saw their headlights bouncing, and everything went black. I was just waiting for a huge bang, I quickly turned around up the road in a driveway and went driving back.
I saw the truck sort of elevated somewhat on a hill but looking as if it were about to turn over and topple down this hill. I turned back around to go past again, then pulled in to a business parking lot and called 911.

Something just wasn't sitting right with me about this accident. Coming from a long line of work in the medical field, I've always stopped to make sure people are okay, etc. This time I called 911 and I asked them if I could leave. They said yes.
I get home and get a call from my town's police officers. They needed a statement from me on the accident I called in.
I told them everything, including the2nd time I passed the truck I saw a guy standing outside the truck on the drivers side, but I wasn't sure he was the driver.
The cop kept asking me if I saw who the driver was--the guy or the girl. I said I really didn't know, I even thought maybe they had hydroplaned or a deer jumped out infront of them or something. The officer said no, no it definetly wasnt anything like that. He said they also keep claiming that their cell phones weren't working to call the accident in, so it was a good thing I'd done that.
I asked if they were okay, he said yeah he thought so, but that all depends on how the rest of the night would pan out.

So all in all I'm glad I didn't stop necessarily to check on them....something just hasn't been sitting right with me. right after I saw it happen all I could think of was, --it looked almost like someone in the drivers seat grabbed the wheel and made the truck loose control---like they were aiming for the trees and just by somehow completely missed them.

:toomanywordsforIO:

That's terrible. I've witnessed accidents before. It's really a horrific feeling.

One time when I was in a bus with my basketball teamates and all of a sudden you hear glass shattering and like a sound of someone hitting a bat against like a t.v...

and i saw this car flip over...not a great site to see...

can I be the people's champion?

7340227_b8740a7e6f.jpg

Kiki said:

The cop kept asking me if I saw who the driver was--the guy or the girl. I said I really didn't know

I've read your story since the original post and what's happened here is that the cops are in a world of hurt; you see, the reason they asked that question, is that THEY DON'T KNOW WHO WAS BEHIND THE WHEEL AT THE TIME OF THE COLLISION...

Despite your answer, they've decided to press charges against the one of them and guess what? YOU ARE THE STAR WITNESS!!!

They're expect you can answer that..and that's why YOU were subpoenaed! (18-years of police work leads to my expertise in this issue...FYI)

I WAS FRAMED!!!!

iraq-prisoner.jpg

:yikes: That must have been horrible to witness!

One time I was on the freeway, and I heard this horrible sound, like nails on a chalkboard. I turn around to see that one car had flipped upside down over another one. Terrible!! :ohmy:

Kiki said:
well I suppose I'll learn all the answers this summer regarding this. I was served with a supena this morning as the witness in this case. gez.....freaking scared the crap out of me at 7am telling me I was being served!

I was almost called as a witness once. I was driving on the interstate to Orlando and I saw this car speeding, zipping in and out of lanes. Just as I started to ask my sister, "What is this idiot doing?", he clipped another car and that car flipped a couple times in front of us. Scared the crap out of me! :yikes:.

And then a few months later I get a letter in the mail saving I have to give a deposition. Luckily, the person responsible agreed to a deal before it went to court, because it scared me so much I couldn't even agree with my sister what color the car was :reject:. I think they pled guilty to racing on the highway or something like that.

Last edited:
wow, I can't even imagine seeing something that horrible. I keep playing it over in my head and I just keep thinking...thank God there were no cars coming at them or behind me besides them.
Anyway, I found out yesterday that the girl is being held accountable for the accident and she's pleading not guilty to an accident happening at all. Now....I'm thinking....dumbass....come on! The cops saw what happend to the truck and they helped you out of it! Are you gona just tell them--Oh I parked the truck up on the hill so it would potentially fall backwards?!

I also found out that who ever was with her did admit that the truck was out of control, or lost control.
this will be interesting......lets just hope she doesnt come after me! lol

Back
Top Bottom