IO - I will NOT miss Pluto.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

Plus, what kind of scientist goes back on their decisions?! "Oh, we've decided that Pluto isn't a planet anymore. Sorry folks." What about the poor Pluto-ians?!

:lol:

these guys might miss him :(

disney57.gif

One of the main reasons that Pluto was designated as planet for so long, rather than a hunk of rock, was because it was the only planet in our solar system to be discovered by an American astronomer.

The US scientific community resisted the change,which is why it's taken so long for the international astronomical Union to come to a decision.

Another really uninteresting fact is that Pluto wasn't named after the Disney dog, but actually a god of the underworld.

Though personally I'd have preferred it to be called GOOFY.

coolian2 said:
Shit. Think of all those textbooks that will need to be reprinted.

I think that's the least of our worries. They already do rather arbitary "new editions" as it is. Now we're actually going to have some actual substance this time around to justify one...heh.

Melon

Ellay said:
One of the main reasons that Pluto was designated as planet for so long, rather than a hunk of rock, was because it was the only planet in our solar system to be discovered by an American astronomer.

The US scientific community resisted the change,which is why it's taken so long for the international astronomical Union to come to a decision.

its always America's fault :tsk:

This just in:

Mercury is no longer considered a planet. Upon further inspection, it is now considered a large basketball and is available for use among "space giants"

Numb1075 said:
This just in:

Mercury is no longer considered a planet. Upon further inspection, it is now considered a large basketball and is available for use among "space giants"

:lmao:

next they'll be saying Earth isn't a planet, it's just a pretty marble :wink:

Back
Top Bottom