IO - I was surrounded by obssessed fans....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Nicholas Sparks is one of my mother's favorite writers. He's not my cup o' tea, but I occassionally feign interest when she's talking about one of his books, so as not to appear completely rude and disrespectful to her. :reject:

Anyway.... Turns out old Nicholas' new book that was just released in October is set right here in Wilmington. And as part of his promotional activities for the new novel, Mr. Sparks was here in town this afternoon signing copies. I picked up a copy of the book last night. Actually, it was two: one for my mom & another for one of her best friends who's also a big fan. So Mr. Blu & I (he's so good to me! :cute: ) get to the location this morning at 10:40 for the 12 o'clock signing - and line up behind about 75 folks who were already there. Mostly women, but a few men.

So anyway, Mr. Blu & I are standing there in line passing the time & listening to the group of 5 women in front of us and the 4 behind us going on and on about where Mr. Sparks was signing books last night, what kind of questions he got asked & what his replies were, how his office at home is set up & what he's said is his mode of working, how they hoped he'd allow pictures, etc. etc. etc.

Mr. Blu & I both look at each other & just start cracking up. It was like some twisted, alternate universe version of our U2 experience at the show last December in Charlotte when we hung out with other fans all day in front of Bobcat Arena. :lol: We both agreed there some similarities to the demographics of the two events, but the one today took top honors for highest average age of participants & activity for which we hope to never attend again. :eek:

It wasn't so bad, though. He actually started signing at 11:30 because so many folks had already shown up that it was causing a traffic problem in the store! Once the line got moving, it only took us about 30 minutes & we had our signatures. And I have to say it was worth it... my mom & her friend were as giddy as one of us would have been after getting an autograph from one of the guys. :yes: So I racked up the brownie points and covered a Christmas present in one swift move. :D :up:

Last edited:
:madwife: Where in the Handbook is there any mention of an IO Word-Per-Post Limit????? And you keep your nasty little spork to yourself, mister! :madwife:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My bad..... :ohmy:

:reject: Here - I brought some fleur de sel. Much better than that iodized crap we normally have with brains. :drool:

But in my own defense, he never mentioned my use of that letter & number. Zoney complained ONLY about the word count of my post. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom