IO: I think I'm being harassed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
Ok so many of you have read about me moving out of my apartment recently because my 3 roomates went psycho on me.

Because I moved out so quickly there were still several bills from the previous month that hadn't yet come in. This Monday I recieved an email (the only form of communication I gave them to reach me--I don't want them to know my address or phone number because of their behavior) stating what I owed for the utilities. On Tuesday I forwarded the information to my grandmother, who graciously pays my utilities while I'm in college...

Well starting on Wednesday (two days after they told me of the bills) I started receiving notes on my car windshield....demanding the money and telling me that I was rude and accusing me of stiffing them. I chose to not respond to these notes because a)it's ridiculous and passive/agressive on thier part to do this when they have email and I always promptly responded to those and b)my grandmother had already mailed them thier checks. From Weds to now these notes have been left and they have been increasingly hostile and uncouth. PLUS...they began calling my 84 year old grandmother at her home several times!!! Each time she has told them to get a life and not call her....and they have called her to my knowledge at least three times!

It hasn't even been a week since they told me of the bills and besides the checks are in the mail and have been since midweek.

Can this qualify as harassment? What should I do?

RadarPeter said:
i'm sorry but this is a u2 forum not a councelling forum -
hope things get better 4 u

Actually, this forum isn't a U2 forum
:|

Sorry to hear about that stars.
Don't respond to any of the letters you get. hopefully it will all calm down when they recieve the cheques in the mail. It's not fair to your Gran either.

If it doesn't stop, I'd hoestly get with the police.

This is not a U2 forum, it's a subforum on a community where people share a love for U2 (most of us anyway :wink: )... but the emphasis is community

Good lucks stars

So they know the checks were mailed? You emailed them to tell them that, or your grandmother did? If so, I agree with unforgettablelemon...gosh, that's horrible. Hope those idiots knock it off; sounds like you did the right thing moving out.

Yeah, the police are looking pretty fitting at this juncture.

Leave a note warning them about this on your car windshield. ;)

this is why i'm a big fan of paying shared utility bills directly to the utility company. :|

sheesh, i'd send them all an email and re-explain to them that the cheques have been sent, and you don't appreciate them leaving harassing notes on your car, and you especially don't appreciate them harassing your grandmother. if they have anything further to communicate, they can email YOU (not call your grandma). if they keep at it, it's harassment.

glad you've moved out on your own. once this mess is cleared up, you'll be free of these twits for good.

good luck!

:hug: Geez, stars - who ARE these people????? Psyche ward rejects??? :mad: Don't they have anything else to do? Like head down to the methadone clinic or go join a comet-worshipping cult? :huh:

Hopefully, your g-mother's check will shut them the Hell up and you can be rid of them for good. And these notes on your car - were they left at your new place or while you were parked on campus or some other public place?? I'd hate to know those whack-jobs had your new address if this is as mature as they can be! :ohmy:

You're doing the right thing to proceed with caution.... don't hesitate to get the police involved if it escalates, though. Keep us updated! :hug: :heart:

Last edited:
There was this one guy I'd gone out with once who kept leaving weird notes on my car. One of them had Uncle Kracker lyrics.

Dude, if you're gonna stalk me, at leaste use some decent music. :|

Its scary to know there are so many odd folk in the world. Just so ya know, I'm a social worker, and have helped people through some similar situations in the past-- and, as bizarre as it is, if these notes don't contain a specific threat, the police probably won't do much. If you push them on it, they may go visit your ex-roommates to put a scare in them, but that's about it.

If the notes do contain a threat of any kind, call the police!!

Good Luck Stars. You'll be fine.

Stars, I'm really glad you got yourself out of that horrible situation with your ex-roomates! But I'm saddened to hear of this new situation.

Once they get the checks there should be absolutely no reason for any more contact. Hopefully this will clear up very soon without any need to take things further.

But, of course please don't hesistate to call the police if things get out of control. I certainly wouldn't want anything to happen to you!!! And I'm sure that goes for everyone else here too.

I'll send ya off a little prayer tonight.

I would have your grandmother contact the police if they continue to harass her. That's a clear case of a third party suffering for no reason at all.

What the hell is up with your ex-roomates? Jebus Cripes.

I'd probably go down there and kick some ass. And blast Acthung Baby while I'm doing it (Zoo Station :up: ).

Hey, starsgoblue.

Hopefully things have cooled off since you posted.

If not, your grnadmother should tell the phone company if she gets threatened again. (does she have caller ID...probably not, but I thought I'd ask ...the phone company should be able to help her).

Now that these ex-roomies know where you park, there's not much you can do.
Short of parking near a surveillance camera (so you can prove harrassment).

Again, I hope it has subsided.

Best to you.

menzies

Being stalked is ugly. I hate that feeling that someone knows every move you make.:( Definately call the police if it continues.

Thanks for all your support guys....

A few days ago I was walking out to my car and one of them was in the middle of putting something on my windshield! I walked up right up to her and said, "Get. Your. Hands. Off. My. Car." She was obviously very self-concious that I had seen her and started saying something but I intterupted her and simply told her that I no longer owe her any money so there is no need for this and what kind of a person thinks its ok to harrass an 84 year old woman and that I would contact the authorities if there was one more thing ever put on my car. She started to say something but I just gave her a look and said, "Why are you still talking to me? Go."

It's been quiet ever since so I think the worst is over. Thanks all for your advice and support. :hug:

starsgoblue said:

A few days ago I was walking out to my car and one of them was in the middle of putting something on my windshield! I walked up right up to her and said, "Get. Your. Hands. Off. My. Car." She was obviously very self-concious that I had seen her and started saying something but I intterupted her and simply told her that I no longer owe her any money so there is no need for this and what kind of a person thinks its ok to harrass an 84 year old woman and that I would contact the authorities if there was one more thing ever put on my car. She started to say something but I just gave her a look and said, "Why are you still talking to me? Go."

It's been quiet ever since so I think the worst is over. Thanks all for your advice and support. :hug:

Wow, how did you manage to say the exact thing you wanted/needed to say at the exact time? I'm envious of that skill!

And I'm happy for you that things are calming down, sounds like a bizarre and unneccesary experience for you, especially at this time of year

Stars: Seems to me that your ex-roomies were getting a kick out of bugging you. They probably didn't even care about the $$ that much - just wanted to irritate you further. But when you caught them, the joke backfired, so they calmed down. Glad you're out of that situation. :yes:

Also, I'm glad I live alone. :drool:

starsgoblue said:

:hug: Yaaaaay, stars!! I'm so glad to hear you caught them in the act & said EXACTLY what was on your mind. I hope that takes care of the situation. :D

Back
Top Bottom