IO: I need New York advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toreurke

The Fly
(Not sure where to post this so here goes)

I'm going to NY in May and thought I would see if I can get to check out some music stores with rare U2-stuff. I know some of the rare stuff is borderline-discussion (live concert CDs) so if it's any violation of the forum rules, please send tips by mail:

tore ( a ) urke . net

I've used to check out Camden Market in London (perhaps there are others?) and now I'm looking for an "U2-spot" in New York.

Hope you can help me :)

Thanks for the tip. My knowledge of getting around and knowing NY is zip so I'll have to do some searching on that. :)

I know "bootlegs" is a bit in the grey area to discuss, therefore I put my email in the 1st post in case violation of the board's rules.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
with the wide availability of music on the internet, i haven't gone into a record store in years... so i can't really help ya.

Ditto..

Headache in a Suitcase said:
with the wide availability of music on the internet, i haven't gone into a record store in years... so i can't really help ya.

There are so many bootlegs available for free online at sites like U2start.com that there's no reason you or anyone else should be buying them. Why pay out the nose for something you can get for free?

Sorry, I just like collecting "original bootlegs". However, nowadays most are sourced from recordings shared over the internet and those are not interesting. I'm after recordings who first appeard on disc before being downloadable. Then at least they (the makers of these "bootlegs") must have made an effort instead of just downloading someone other's work and put their name on it.

Hope this doesn't start a flame war or something :lol:

I remember I found En El Fin Del Mundo (Santiago 1998) there in 2000, however the last times I've checked the market, the selection has been bad.

UberBeaver said:
I know of a place on Bedford Ave in Williamsburgh, but that's in Brooklyn. There is a subway that goes nearby, and it's not that far of a ride.

I've been to the very shop I think you're refering to UberBeaver. I only found one hard to find official CD single there by the band that I won't dare mention. You can take the 'L' from Manhattan to Brooklyn and its the first stop on this side of the river.

In Manhattan, there's a good second-hand record store just off Union Square, opposite the Strand bookstore.

Back
Top Bottom