IO: I need help getting things in order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I've never been really one to complain but i'm having a really confusing time in life right now, and theres alot that just keeps biting me. I feel lonely and I feel bored. Have no car, and keep looking for jobs that still won't call me back. On top of that I feel friendless right now. My best friend moved away during the summer, and I feel unwanted by everyone else. The few people I thought I had found ended up lying to me this weekend just to keep me away. All my other friends (the ones who I really care about and I feel closer to) live back home in Italy, and although I get to see them only during the summer, I feel closer to them then I do here. I'm strongly wanting to move back there permamently but I don't know what to do about school and work there as that i'm already in the university here. I just want to feel more fufilled than this, I barely have anyone to call or be with and I've come down with a really hard time trusting people. I dunno, I guess I just needed to get all that off my chest...

:hug: I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough time. Are there any hobbies or sports you enjoy? They can be a great way to interact and find new friends.

I know right now you're down but try and keep a positive attitude and trust me, that can help alot.

battle one thing, rather than a hundred. i'd pick the loneliness, if i were you. don't fight it though. learn to like it, live with it, enjoy it, even. while you're busy finding your inner peace, people will drift on back.
chin up, pie.

Been there, done that. I know that alone feeling, that indecisive feeling.. I can't tell you what it is you have to do in your own life, I can just tell you the best thing to do is put one foot in front of the other, go with your gut, and go in that direction(using your head a little along the way). New friends will come and you'll be amazed how it will all start to work itself out - not without some setbacks along the way of course, but ya know.. such is life. I speak from personal experience, and if you're passionate about everything you do, you'll attract like experiences and people :yes:

//rambling

Angela Harlem said:
battle one thing, rather than a hundred. i'd pick the loneliness, if i were you. don't fight it though. learn to like it, live with it, enjoy it, even. while you're busy finding your inner peace, people will drift on back.
chin up, pie.
:yes: :up: !

europop2005 said:
I've never been really one to complain but i'm having a really confusing time in life right now, and theres alot that just keeps biting me. I feel lonely and I feel bored. Have no car, and keep looking for jobs that still won't call me back. On top of that I feel friendless right now. My best friend moved away during the summer, and I feel unwanted by everyone else. The few people I thought I had found ended up lying to me this weekend just to keep me away. All my other friends (the ones who I really care about and I feel closer to) live back home in Italy, and although I get to see them only during the summer, I feel closer to them then I do here. I'm strongly wanting to move back there permamently but I don't know what to do about school and work there as that i'm already in the university here. I just want to feel more fufilled than this, I barely have anyone to call or be with and I've come down with a really hard time trusting people. I dunno, I guess I just needed to get all that off my chest...

you're at a university! you've got nothing to worry about. not only are you now alotted some years to find yourself and grow and develop to your fullest, but you are in a community that supports that growth. i promise you there are loads of other students feeling just like you. even though you feel alone, you are not :)

like AH said, enjoy your me-time while you have it. but also keep in mind this is a great opportunity to build on those interests you have. there's loads of student organizations around and some are packed with students who share your same interests. theres volunteer groups as well, and even artistic ones (i think you play the guitar, right?)

i'd also book an appointment with the international student services. like i said, you certainly aren't the only one who feels like this, and those people work every day to help out students like you :)

Angela Harlem said:
chin up, pie.

Listen to this women. ;)

Back
Top Bottom