IO: I miss Jicks' opinions on U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it was interesting, but most of the time I thought he was just trying to stir the pot. And that was kind of annoying.

Honestly, I think it will be better for him. He'll have at least an hour more of free time each day until he gets a new ID and starts it all over again.

I liked how everyone else could get so riled up by a person they knew was usually trying to get a reaction.

Actually, I'm shocked at this. Some of his posts bugged me a lot, but I still don't think the punishment fits the crime. I'm not so sure there was any real crime.

brains.jpg

bammo2 said:
I really do find it funny that people actually take him seriously and get annoyed by him

:shrug: I've known of him for years through Wire and people had the same reaction then. I don't see quite what's wrong with a bit of a fun debate ::shrug:

Me either. If people could just learn to ignore something that bugs them, especially when that person is a known joker, those threads would probably have fallen to the page and that person would have rarely posted/ people wouldn't have known who he was. I bet it was people whining about Jick that made him so well known here.

I generally ignored the guy, but jick and I go back years. He was the original inspiration for my UFO joke stories. It was impossible for me not to be impacted by him.

i dont miss jick's opinion.

i actually like him better when he's not posting anything u2-related.

I get annoyed when someone pushes peoples buttons just for the sake of pushing peoples buttons.

Jick did that.

It bugged.

I'm kinda with Bammo on this one. I haven't been around very long, and I don't think I added many posts to Jick's threads (I really cant' remember) but for a while I enjoyed reading them for the "outrage". Then I stopped reading them cos they just got repetitive.

I certainly never got the impression he was being personal, he was going on about his opinion of U2, which we all have.

I don't know, some people can't seem to handle the idea of U2 being less than perfect sometimes.

It's not like they're up for canonisation anytime soon....

I really dont get it. All of a sudden now jick is everyone's best friend?? Yet before this everyone complained about him and wanted him gone.

Jick is smart. He knew exactly what he was doing. He does push buttons and he does it on purpose because he enjoys the debate. He had already been given a second chance on the condition that he change his tune and post more positive threads. Didnt happen.

Anyway .. I think that's enough discussion on him. Normally we dont encourage singling out members in discussions, especially when they're not around to respond. Lets move on please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom