IO # I know you all would have pointed and laughed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
if you'd seen me tumbling over my clunky clogs, too-long jeans, and shopping cart as the eggs went flying all over the Whole Foods parking lot. I made a graceful recovery not knowing until later that my ankle was sprained.

Actually you'd all have pointed and laughed at the clogs alone, but hey, my fashion standards have lowered considerably since I left NYC for the Southwest.

I had acupuncture on the sprain the next day (yesterday) and today all that's left of the sprain is a bruise. :up:

So there. :angry:

Awww...:hug:

You would have all laughed at me on Sunday. I work at a mall, and I was walking from my store down to the smoothie stand (mmm...mango orange). I was not wearing high heels...I had on low-heeled loafers. But I fell. I just flat out fell! I don't know how! One second, I was walking...the next second, I wasn't. :mad:

Yes, there were tons of people around. :mad:

I love me. :| :heart:

Oh I do have a falling down story tho...

Back when I was at my University it was like flooding one day and I had on my flip flops (yeah i'm nuts I know) and I was walking into the building and all of a suden there goes my right foot flying and the sandal flies too...I fall on my arse...my shoe is like 10 ft in front of me. Well I crawled over to my shoe, put it in my hand and crawled over to a bench where I could dry my feet with my backpack LOL. Thankfully there were only 5 people in the building that saw me. :lmao: I think I almost pissed myself laughing.

nelson.gif

haha

Mullen-Girl said:
I think I almost pissed myself laughing.

Yeah, I laughed at myself, too, so everyone who saw would think I was all cool with it but then when I hobbled over and got in my car I just wanted my mommy. :sad:

:hug: me :hug:

fah said:
I am a fellow clog wearer.:hug:

I sprained a ligament in my knee because I was walking on new carpet.:banghead:

I'm glad I live in a place where clogs are still cool.

I am blown away by how fast this thing healed with acupuncture. If you ever get a sprain again and have acupuncture as a viable option in your life, I can't recommend it enough.

joyfulgirl said:

I'm glad I live in a place where clogs are still cool.

I am blown away by how fast this thing healed with acupuncture. If you ever get a sprain again and have acupuncture as a viable option in your life, I can't recommend it enough.

How bad was your sprain and how many treatments did you need?

fah said:

How bad was your sprain and how many treatments did you need?

It wasn't a bad sprain compared to other sprains I've had, but it was bruised and swollen and looked like it could get nasty. I put ice and arnica on it that night and kept it elevated then saw the acupuncturist the next morning. One treatment and it was gone except for a slight bruise. She told me it works really well if you can get a treatment as soon as I did. She also did some kind of laser thingie. I cannot believe I sprained my ankle two days ago and today I no longer have a sprained ankle!

martha said:

Me too. Just the idea of clogs is making me laugh right now.

Yeah, I laughed for the first 5 years after I moved to New Mexico, but at some point one surrenders. You must wear clogs to the grocery store. Even Miss Prada across the hall from me at work wears them damn Danskos sometimes. It's like a bad dream.
:lmao:

I figured you could picture me in that very parking lot, m.

joyfulgirl said:

It wasn't a bad sprain compared to other sprains I've had, but it was bruised and swollen and looked like it could get nasty. I put ice and arnica on it that night and kept it elevated then saw the acupuncturist the next morning. One treatment and it was gone except for a slight bruise. She told me it works really well if you can get a treatment as soon as I did. She also did some kind of laser thingie. I cannot believe I sprained my ankle two days ago and today I no longer have a sprained ankle!

:hmm: Thanks, sounds like something I may have to try, being a clog wearer disaster is lurking around every corner or parking lot.

I adore clogs. I have denim clogs, leather clogs, cork clogs, plastic clogs, hessian clogs...I am sounding like the shrimp boat man in forrest gump now, aren't i.

i also have levi flares, corduroy flares, velour flares and fleecy flares.

i wear a hard hat and elbow pads.

:|

acupuncture sounds....you get multiple needles to cure a pain? it sounds like an oxymoron but i would love to try acupuncture. even though i would pass out. hopefully i'd be wearing my clogs, flares and hard hat so it wouldn't matter if i fell ungracefully off the table. cause i would you know.

:klutz:

i have a falling down story too.

i was walking to my old work in Pasadena after getting off the bus, and i remember walking down this one really narrow street. i failed to see this hose that was the same color as the sidewalk or it was neutral in color. i just couldnt see it as i was walking real fast, and i tripped over it, FLEW and skinned my elbows and knees really bad. then there were the construction workers on the other side of the fence who were laughing at me. only ONE asked me if i was ok. i was too angry to answer as i got up and walked off. it ruined my day:|

icelle said:
then there were the construction workers on the other side of the fence who were laughing at me. only ONE asked me if i was ok. i was too angry to answer as i got up and walked off. it ruined my day:|

:hug:
I at least had a cute boy talking on his cell phone with one hand and fetching my scattered groceries with the other. There was also a policeman who asked if I was ok.

Angela Harlem said:
I adore clogs. I have denim clogs, leather clogs, cork clogs, plastic clogs, hessian clogs

acupuncture sounds....you get multiple needles to cure a pain?

I knew there was something I liked about you.

Acupuncture does not hurt at all. You truly do not feel the needles at all, unless there is a very sensitive point with a lot of blocked energy and even then what you feel with the needle is the equivalent of pressing on that point with your finger. After she's done inserting the needles I'm usually still wondering when she's going to begin inserting the needles because I can never tell if the needles are in or out. It's really wonderful. I am fortunate that my insurance covers it so I go all the time for various reasons. It can clear your sinuses, for example, like you would not believe. It doesn't matter what's going on with my body, my acupuncturist is generally my first stop.

I :heart: the cloggers in here.

Last edited:
Where do they put the needles for sinus problems? I'm going to try it one day. I might drag friend of mine along with me who loves trying alternative remedies.
Does it help with hayfever at all?

:hmm:

Angela Harlem said:
Where do they put the needles for sinus problems? I'm going to try it one day. I might drag friend of mine along with me who loves trying alternative remedies.
Does it help with hayfever at all?

:hmm:

Some needles go right around your sinuses and others on other points in the body that are connected to the sinuses in that mysterious Chinese medicine way that I don't understand. Acupuncture can help with everything and also compliments traditional western medicine extremely well. I've used it successfully for sinuses, chest colds, allergies, back pain, insomnia, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and now a sprained ankle (man, I sound like a mess).

The reason it's always my first stop is because acupuncturists are Doctors of Oriental Medicine, which means that they can do many of the same things regular physicians do such as order bloodwork and many are clinical nutritionists as well. Mine also gives B12 shots and stuff like that. It doesn't mean you'll have success the first time you try it because like with anything, so much depends on the skill of the DOM.

Back
Top Bottom