Io - I Hate Winter!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bangelab33

Acrobat
I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!:rant: It's coming fast and I still have not moved to a warmer climate area of the states! I hate everything about winter. My body freezes! Sometimes it's so damn cold my nostrils stick together. My scarf gets all frosty. Driving in snow sucks! Shoveling. Just being cold for a straight 5 months! I have lived here since 1976 and can't get use to it, ever! Plus, I think I have that seasonal depression thing. Never fails, every year I swear depression settles in Nov to atleast April. That's when the tree buds start budding and the Robins are back:love: and acually feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. One positive about winter is at x-mas. I don't think I would like x-mas without snow. Hell, I could get use to a sunny warm x-mas it would all be worth it! NO MORE COLD COLD SNOWY DAYS:laugh: :applaud:

Driving in snow terrifies me...I apparently seem to have enough problems driving on clear, sunny days. :slant:

I hate all seasons. Winter sucks because of the above-mentioned reason. Spring sucks because everything gets muddy, and it's just a prelude to a hot summer. Summer sucks because it's too hot. Fall sucks because it's just a prelude to a miserable winter.

There truly is no pleasing me.

I really hate winter. Even at the start of summer I feel a bit miserable because I know it won't be long until winter comes. It's getting really chilly here lately. My claddagh ring which is already too big on me keeps falling off when I go outside because my hands get cold and the swelling from being cooped up in a hot class goes down. The only thing I like about winter is the fact I get lots of time off in Dec/ Jan when I should be studying. I spend most of my time sleeping and then get depressed because I haven't done an excercise and haven't really gone out and feel anti-social.

this winter is supposed to be one of the coldest in british history. hurrah. :|

I have been told Spain is better in winter than here. I am looking forward to that part of my year out.

Cold sucks. Snow sucks. My perfect christmas? Lights on palm trees. I have a friend who lives in texas and she LOVES the snow. I've noticed that people who haven't grown up dealing with the stuff for some reason think its great. 25 years in ohio would change thier mind!

I have a friend who went to Australia for Christmas and came back 3 weeks later with a tan. I was more interested in knowing if the Aussie Santa wore a furry suit than sunbathing.

:up:

Are you kidding?
Winter rules!
Skiing, snowboarding, everything white and clean, plus that dangerous driving on icy roads, I'm telling you, WINTER ROCKS! :D

bangelab33 said:
I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!:rant: It's coming fast and I still have not moved to a warmer climate area of the states! I hate everything about winter. My body freezes! Sometimes it's so damn cold my nostrils stick together. My scarf gets all frosty. Driving in snow sucks! Shoveling. Just being cold for a straight 5 months! I have lived here since 1976 and can't get use to it, ever! Plus, I think I have that seasonal depression thing. Never fails, every year I swear depression settles in Nov to atleast April. That's when the tree buds start budding and the Robins are back:love: and acually feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. One positive about winter is at x-mas. I don't think I would like x-mas without snow. Hell, I could get use to a sunny warm x-mas it would all be worth it! NO MORE COLD COLD SNOWY DAYS:laugh: :applaud:

Can you taste the summer??? LOL :)

Winter is the worst, and we dont even get snow.

I just cant stand it..its pouring rain right now and SO depressing.

starsgoblue said:

Like the Corona commericials :up:

Mmm, Coronas....:drool:
YEAH! Mmmm... Coronas on a nice hot day sitting on my patio!(with a lemon, not a lime)Right On! Oh but that won't happen again for another 5 months unless I throw down several and don't feel the cold.:wink: That has been known to happen :lol:

Lara Mullen said:
I really hate winter. Even at the start of summer I feel a bit miserable because I know it won't be long until winter comes. It's getting really chilly here lately. My claddagh ring which is already too big on me keeps falling off when I go outside because my hands get cold and the swelling from being cooped up in a hot class goes down. The only thing I like about winter is the fact I get lots of time off in Dec/ Jan when I should be studying. I spend most of my time sleeping and then get depressed because I haven't done an excercise and haven't really gone out and feel anti-social.

this winter is supposed to be one of the coldest in british history. hurrah. :|

I have been told Spain is better in winter than here. I am looking forward to that part of my year out.
Won't be long til winter comes again!!! I totally feel yah. All summer I take notice the days getting shorter. I dread June 23 cuz I know the down fall to winter has started!!! I think I have serious issues.

bangelab33 said:
YEAH! Mmmm... Coronas on a nice hot day sitting on my patio!(with a lemon, not a lime)Right On! Oh but that won't happen again for another 5 months unless I throw down several and don't feel the cold.:wink: That has been known to happen :lol:

Its true that the more you drink those things--the less you notice--anything. Sounds like a plan unless I win the lottery anytime soon.

I don't mind winter at first, but it gets old after awhile as I really don't like being cold. It's a nice change at first though, because it is hot and dry here most of the year. I like snow, but I don't think I would like to live in it.

drivemytrabant said:

Its true that the more you drink those things--the less you notice--anything. Sounds like a plan unless I win the lottery anytime soon.
That's about it! The lottery would be the only way to get me out of this depressing weather induced frosty funk! It was acually about 50F and I couldn't even get myself to enjoy it because I know very very soon it's going to be colder than a witches tit!:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom