IO I hate this radio station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
I work for two doctors who are in their very very early 30's. So what radio station do they have on in the office? The freaking oldies station. Every day, all day. And there's a note on the radio "DO NOT CHANGE". So when they're out of the office...what do I do? :shrug: change the radio station!
:lmao: I'm so sick of the oldies.

Motown is awesome. Do they play Motown on the Oldies station? I could listen to Motown all day. I hate Doo Wop though. Except some Dion. He was cool, Dion. He wandered around and around and around and shit. He's just that type of guy. lol. Never settled down. That crazy Dion. Him and those Belmonts.

I once worked at a job that wouldn't let us listen to anything...despite having a radio there. :sad:

we have to listen to the "sounds like" station. The remakes that sound almost like the original artist but just different enough that it grates on the nerves. Fake Celine Dion can do that

:lol: yeah Ube they play Motown and the Doo Wop stuff. I grew up listening to Wolf Man Jack and Dick Beyondee and all that, so I like the oldies, but man....they replay the same stuff all the time and I just dispise these two songs....that one thats like......Monday Monday....or whatever....and there's another one....crap of course NOW i cant think of them.

OMG forget oldies! I hear Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars being played every single fucking day on the radio station at work! I mean literally every single day! Why do radio stations do this??? Do they want us to end up hating the songs? :banghead:

And the main problem is I have no control over hearing it because it's playing on the shop floor and can still be heard in the office where I sit.

Sounds like my local rock station, Zoots... apparently they only have three songs that will play on their frequency:
'Delilah' by Plain White Ts, 'Icky Thump' by The White Stripes, and 'The Bird and The Worm' by The Used. :madwife: I swear, it makes me want to get seriously violent with somebody. :grr:

I'm just holding out for Christmas when I can shamelessly & repeatedly beg for satellite radio. :drool:

Zootlesque said:
OMG forget oldies! I hear Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars being played every single fucking day on the radio station at work! I mean literally every single day! Why do radio stations do this??? Do they want us to end up hating the songs? :banghead:

And the main problem is I have no control over hearing it because it's playing on the shop floor and can still be heard in the office where I sit.

At least you don't have to hear Rockstar by Nickleback every fucking morning right around 6:30am.

Canadiens1160 said:
IO: I hate most radio stations

correct.

iPod > radio

at my dentist's office they always had it on the soft rock station :yikes: that's far worse than oldies!! Most oldies are at least tolerable. Motown is cool.

ok yeah the soft rock is probably slightly worse. It's funny, since I started this thread I've not heard either of the songs that pushed me to start this. :lol:
maybe this thread is good luck!

I'm pretty fond of a couple of the radio stations here in Chicago, my favorite right now is Q101 at 6:30, with Sherman and Tingle. They make the work day just melt away, they're so funny.

Back
Top Bottom