IO: I hate listening to people talk about their children's medicore accomplishments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Replacements song?

• Can't Hardly Wait

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Bastards of Young

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Androgynous

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Answering Machine

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
oh, and guess what! i got a job today! weeeeee! i had no idea where to post this utterly irrelevent piece of news. it's with a paediatrician, incase you were wondering. will help see my sanity through uni i hope.
:happy:

Well then, congratulations. However, it would be more in keeping with the spirit of this topic if your parents had posted that you had found aforementioned job. But it being a nice day, I will overlook this transgression this one time. Carry on.

You know what else I hate: People telling me their infant is advanced. STFU. It's a baby. They eat plastic and paper and you call them advanced? When the little dude builds a working rocket ship call me. Until then, I don't like your kid. Or you. Go away. :mad:

no kidding. this job, the aforementioned, is in a paediatrician's consulting room, and this mother came in today with her 21 month old who needs a speech therapist. the 21 month old meanwhile was telling me 'i no like pee'datritions. do they have needles?'

meanwhile, MY 21 month old is at the muttering around 20 words in total stage. who needs that speech therapist here????

:rant:

I think that's a bit young for a speech therapist unless there's something wrong with him, no? My neice didn't talk for a while, so they taught her sign language, so now she uses speech and sign language - but no one understands the sign language, so it's like, "What was the point?" My sister probably thinks the kid is advanced cause she can sign. :shrug: My 8 month old's only mission in life is to get "that" and eat it. "That" can be anything. And she babbles nonstop "schprekenduetschhabloespanolparloitaliano", but I know she's not saying anything - it's just noise to her. And when she writes little notes that says, "Daddy, the third act of Hamlet always dissapoints. Poor Ophelia. I don't think Hamlet ever loved her.....sigh," I know she's just doodling! Come on, people! Get over it. Your kids not advance. Just lucky. Let it go.

^^Congrats, my dear!

^^^I hear you......Man that was the one of the reasons why i hated Fuckin' PLAYGROUP......

"Oh My little Johnny never had the dummy" - 'cause according to one mum at PG kids that had dummies were "lazy"

"My little Johnny walked when he was 9 months old" - according to another mum i once knew kids who walked earlier were smarter.

"My little Johnny can say the alphabet and can count to 100" - this kid used to get flashed-carded every night.

"My little Johnny teethed at 4 months" - again, apparently a sign of intelligence.

It's just a bunch of people who try to make themselves feel better as parents 'cause they think they are failing if their child is not exceptional....they want a Tiger Woods or a Bill Gates.

I just want healthy, happy adjusted adults for children one day, ones that can look back, like i can and say what a fun childhood they had, no pressure as life alone brings pressure soon enough, you don't have to create it for them.

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:
I think that's a bit young for a speech therapist unless there's something wrong with him, no? My neice didn't talk for a while, so they taught her sign language, so now she uses speech and sign language - but no one understands the sign language, so it's like, "What was the point?" My sister probably thinks the kid is advanced cause she can sign. :shrug: My 8 month old's only mission in life is to get "that" and eat it. "That" can be anything. And she babbles nonstop "schprekenduetschhabloespanolparloitaliano", but I know she's not saying anything - it's just noise to her. And when she writes little notes that says, "Daddy, the third act of Hamlet always dissapoints. Poor Ophelia. I don't think Hamlet ever loved her.....sigh," I know she's just doodling! Come on, people! Get over it. Your kids not advance. Just lucky. Let it go.

Yeah....that's a new thing now....baby signing.......i have heard of it, and i do have a friend that is a Speechy and she reckons it is no way endorsed.....but peeps still use it......there is another one where you can listen to the way the baby cries, you get learn through the babies cry, if the child is hungry,cold,hot, dirtied their nappy all by recognising a certain cry.......i dunno.....in my day it was just a process of elimination. Wow have times have changed.

I also noticed in a catalogue that you can also purchase "Baby-wipe warmers" WTF! Has anyone seriusly bought this thing.....I can just see it now.....my daughter as an adult blaming me for her Mental issues cause i wiped her arse with a baby-wipe that was not warmed up!

Back
Top Bottom