IO- I got too many threads!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really.....

Below is what I use to keep track of the threads I normally read, I just click on Control Panel notification and that adds that thread to the ones I want.... it's near the top right corner on any given thread

"Subscribe with PM, e-mail or Control Panel notification.
Or unsubscribe"

Lately it's been subscribing me some threads I post in automatically, I don't know why :|

JessicaAnn said:
I think that "Threads" number is the number of threads you have started.

yup. for me, it says 200-something for 'threads,' but i counted & I'm subscribed to something like 40.

What is the purpose of that feature anyway? I checked the FAQs but couldn't find it in there. Is it there so you don't forget where you posted last?

I suscribe to threads I want to go back to. I can look at my user cp when I log in and see if there are any new posts in for instance the Damien Rice thread. It's not posted in every day so I'm not likely to go check it and if there is news I want to know it.

So... threads you want to keep track of :shrug:

just try it

You can opt to subscribe and get PM or email notices when someone replies. If there's a thread I've started that I'm really interested in, or if there's a thread that I want to stay up to date on, I'll subscribe and get email notices. Pretty useful, especially for threads in areas that I don't usually hang out in (i.e., my Bono hat thread in PLEBA).

bono_212 said:
Lately it's been subscribing me some threads I post in automatically, I don't know why :|

If you hit reply instead of just typing a quick message in the box below the last post, you can see if it says 'control panel notification' or 'no subscription' in the the options box. Perhaps you are automatically subscribed. Just a suggestion

I think JessicaAnn is right. For me, the threads thing in my profile only has a few next to it, maybe like 6 or so. I'm subscribed to like 50 though, so I think she's right that its how many you've started that shows next to Threads.

Zoots, I'd try using your CP. It helps instead of going through every section of the forum, just keep the ones you post in a lot in your CP so you don't have to go find it every time :D

Re: Re: IO- I got too many threads!

night_and_day66 said:

Carlos, i see all that info except the 'thread' count, where can i find that information...i must have at least 200.

Thanks

On your profile;

night_and_day66's Statistics
Search for all posts by this user.
Threads: 37
Last post: 04-17-2007 06:50 PM
Song Title Chain XLll

37?!...I would have guessed 300 minimum :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom