IO: I don't know how to study

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sami0201

Blue Crack Addict
:banghead:

I have exams starting tomorrow and I don't know how to study. School has always came easily to me and if I just browse something over I'll usually do well. But tomorrow I have a physics exam and I NEED an A. I don't really understand physics and I need to know a lot of stuff. And every time I do try to study, I keep getting distracted by something (computer, etc.) or I'll just start daydreaming or fall asleep. HELP!

I've got my last exam before Christmas in about 10 hours - I'm just ready for it to be over with.

I'm not gonna lie either, physics flat out sucks - well maybe you could be interested in how a ball rolls down a 28 degree incline with a coefficient of friction of 0.4, but I know I'm not. The only way to study for it is to crank out the problems again and again. Memorizing won't do you any good - you have to be able to apply all of those lovely equations.

Is this a calculus based physics course your taking?

Flashcards

I seem to remember things I've written down, it barely matters if I've even read what I've written. I can picture the flashcards when I'm taking a test.

reviewing by reading just doesn't do it for me, my mind drifts off to quickly.

Get a study buddy. I have a major problem with memorizing. For example, in my Lit. IV class, we ahave to memorize a sonnet (a 14 lined poem) in about 2 weeks or so, I try reciting it with my tuder, and I usually get about half of it or less, I can never get the whole thing. It's just really frusrating. We have to do 9 total for the whole year.

Mr. Green Eyes said:
Get a study buddy. I have a major problem with memorizing. For example, in my Lit. IV class, we ahave to memorize a sonnet (a 14 lined poem) in about 2 weeks or so, I try reciting it with my tuder, and I usually get about half of it or less, I can never get the whole thing. It's just really frusrating. We have to do 9 total for the whole year.

Everyone has different ways of studying. Mr Green eyes finds it hard to memorise something but I find it really easy to read a presentation once or twice and remember it.

I have friends who write their notes out over and over again and condense everything but I find that a waste of time. I like to mark anything important and just keep re-reading. I also find working with someone holds me back. Last week I had an exam we had to know 10 poems and 2 proses because we didn't know what we'd be asked about. Going over it with someone just made it more complicated.

Taking breaks and getting a good nights sleep is also important. Great advice coming from someone who spent last week in the library all night finishing essays and writing presentations. :grumpy: :reject:

redkat said:

I seem to remember things I've written down, it barely matters if I've even read what I've written. I can picture the flashcards when I'm taking a test.

reviewing by reading just doesn't do it for me, my mind drifts off to quickly.

Same here. I need to write it down, sometimes more than once.

when i have to study, i write everything out, then read it over a few times. then im good to go. doesnt feel like studying to mel

Back
Top Bottom