IO I can't find a bottle opener!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung_Bebe

New Yorker
I want a Red Stripe now :yell:

How is it I can't find a single bottle opener in this hizous??

I've tried using a butter knife, didn't work.

I tried using my teeth, I think I now need to book a dentist appointment.

What is a girl to do in this situation?!?! :mad:

p.s. I'm a wee bit :drunk:

maybe find a small tool and try to pry the cap open a little bit at a time. OR....use something with grasp, like a piece of rubber and twist hard. :shifty:

:giggle:

you can use a counter top or any drawer and just place the cap on the edge and whack it downwards with your fist.

:shifty:

You could call the paramedics & see if they'd bring out the Jaws of Life for you. I mean, the last bottle of Red Stripe & no bottle opener? That IS an emergency.... to some folks. :giggle:

BluRmGrl said:
You could call the paramedics & see if they'd bring out the Jaws of Life for you. I mean, the last bottle of Red Stripe & no bottle opener? That IS an emergency.... to some folks. :giggle:

:lmao: Oh how true! :lmao:

Numb1075 said:
you can use a counter top or any drawer and just place the cap on the edge and whack it downwards with your fist.

:shifty:

This does sound like a good idea :hmm: I wonder if I could pull it off. I'm not always so smooth... I sometimes manage to plunge a cork rather than pop it. :lol:

You go, Sicy!!

I'd say now is the time to run out and buy a bottle opener and hang it on a string somewhere you won't forget. Or buy a couple of them, they're cheap. Then you won't have this problem again. But lots of good suggestions here! :up:

Use a lighter. Grab the neck of the bottle with one hand, place the bottom of the lighter between your index finger and the cap and use the lighter to lift off the cap. Works for me. Or use a dinner knife...

Numb1075 said:
we are a crafty group huh?

nothing will get inbetween us and a red stripe beer.:drunk:

I know, I'm very impressed with all of these suggestions :lol:

I just managed to open the bottle using a heavy duty fingernail file. I'm enjoying my red stripe as I speak (err, type). Come ready with a straw in hand and you shall partake of the fruit of my labor :happy:

:laugh:

I come bearing gifts......

MUS_BAR_RedStrip_55.jpg

BluRmGrl said:

That's true for me.

Back
Top Bottom