IO: I broke my foot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LikeNoOneBefore

Refugee
So here's the story. It's almost hilarious, looking back on it.

Yesterday, I went out with my best friend Nick and our friend Matt to go job hunting. We were outside Panera Bread where about five of our friends were working, and we were about to leave. Matt was driving, and Nick got in the front seat. I went to get in the back, and I had one foot it. As I was about to swing my other leg into the seat, Matt drove forward and rolled over half of my foot. So I started screaming "Reverse! Reverse! Stop! You ran over my foot!!!" At that moment, I didn't feel anything, but as Matt backed up and he and Nick darted to my side of the car, I looked at my foot and WHOOSH all the pain came! Hahaha

But yeah, they did a good job in calming me down (I was basically crying and nearly going into shock), calling my parents, and controlling the bleeding. So I broke it in three places: two hairline fractures and a complete fracture of my big toe. A great way to start off the summer, huh?

Haha anyway, just wanted to post this for some odd reason. Any advice on the situation at all would be wonderful. :lol:

Sorry for your injury...but I'm curious....I'm really trying to picture this and having difficulty doing so...again, which door were you getting in and which foot was run over? by the way, what kind of car does was he driving...I'm trying to provide you with some advice as you asked...

:)

Ouch is right, foot fractures are no fun. Hope you heal quickly. But, ummm, yea I am also interested to know which door, which foot, etc. Inquiring minds wanna know...............

Yeah it was the back door on the left hand side. He was driving a smaller car...a Buick or something. And yeah, it was my left foot.

Oh, and I have a blue cast, if you're curious about that too. :D Hahaha

Hahaha he was soooo scared that my dad was going to sue him. But we're not. His car insurance might have to cover the costs though. :lol:

Oh, and I wrote "Walk On" on my cast. (I know. No U2 in IO but oh wells.) I thought it was appropriate. :wink:

LikeNoOneBefore said:

Oh, and I wrote "Walk On" on my cast. (I know. No U2 in IO but oh wells.) I thought it was appropriate. :wink:

It's never appropriate. :tsk:

I am sorry about your foot though. Owwwwwwww! :yikes: :(

Haha thanks! It kind of ticks me off that the guy who ran over my foot hasn't called me once since the day it happened or anything, but eh he's a loser. :lol:

Have someone punch you in the stomach.
You'll forget all about your foot :yes:

Sicy said:
Have someone punch you in the stomach.
You'll forget all about your foot :yes:

:lol: You sound like my dad hahaha

Okay wow. I definitely got a little bit of water in my cast today when I was showering. (No, I'm not that stupid. I had a bag over it. :lol: ) Ugh I really hope this dries and doesn't become a huge problem. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom