IO-I ate too much ice cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I once ate a whole pint of bubble gum ice cream :barf:
My tongue was pink for a week :angry:

I like, in fact, pancakes and ice cream together. Does that make me strange?

Hot fluffy buttermilk pancakes topped with a bit of real maple syrup and a scoop or two of homemade vanilla icecream on top.

:reject:

My grandma used to make us homemade waffles topped with homemade vanilla ice cream for dinner :drool: :D

I don't eat ice cream in winter. Doesn't feel right, somehow.

But now I have a craving for pistacchio or chocolate mint.

No, I really don't think there's any such a thing as eating too much ice cream. Especially not if it's French vanilla from the local creamery. :wink:

elfyx said:
I like, in fact, pancakes and ice cream together. Does that make me strange?

Hot fluffy buttermilk pancakes topped with a bit of real maple syrup and a scoop or two of homemade vanilla icecream on top.

:reject:

OH NUMMMMMMYEEEE!!! I love p-butter on my pancakes with syrup. I should put a scoop of icecream with it next time.

I can sit and eat a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's ANYTHING ANYWHERE OR AT ANYTIME!

I LOVE ICECREAM:drool: FAV FOOD - OH YEAH!!!:hyper: :bow:

Ok, please excuse my ignorance here, but what exactly is a waffle?
Are they sweet or savoury?
Are they crunchy?
Are they good for you?
What do you have them with?
Are they as sought after as, say, brandy snaps with cream, or are they more in the peanut butter sandwich league?

I must know!!!

kiwilad said:
Ok, please excuse my ignorance here, but what exactly is a waffle?
waffles :drool:

here's a thingie on waffles

i especially love belgian waffles topped with strawberry syrup :drool: :drool:

they're sweet and generally considered a breakfast item. they're good for you in the way anything starchy is: it's like a baked potato that starts off with the best of intentions, then we add butter and toppings to it and make it really unhealthy.

now if i knew what a brandy snap with cream was maybe i could answer the last question!

hmmm, waffles sound OK, must investigate further!

As for brandy snaps, well, let me indulge in an explanation.

They are a crispy, sweet, caramel type dessert. They are very thin, and come rolled into hollow rolls, like when you roll a pancake up. They are very sweet and crunchy, and the bite of the brandy adds that special touch. The perfect compliment for such a taste explosion is whipped cream, it sort of neutralises the flavour, much the same as cake does with chocolate sauce. The cream is cold, the brandy snaps warm. It is served inside the roll of the brandy snap, and a spoonful of crunchy, caramelly sweet brandy snap with fresh whipped cream is quite an experience, I can tell you!

Try it! You won't be disappointed!

bangelab33 said:

scitters? What the hell is the scitters:huh: :scratch:

Scitters is another word for the runs, the scoots, brown thunder, hershey squirts, etc. The only place I remember the term "scitters" actually being used is The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck.

verte76 said:
OMG........whipped cream. There's nothing like it.

for some reason whipped ccream makes me gag. :yuck: i think it was because one time i was in a contest where i had to be the first to finish a pie-tin full of whipped cream and taht just ruined it for me. :shrug:

:drool:

hel_chunky.gif

Back
Top Bottom