IO: I am a loser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm, um, dangerously close to 30 :)shifty: ) and i am just now moving into my very own apartment (with no roommates or boyfriends :up: ). i had to suck it up and move back in with the folks after graduating from uni because it took me a while to land my first *real* job. it was a blow to my pride and independence, but you have to do what you have to do to get by.

you're in good company on that count, guys. and as long as you're looking ahead to the future, hoping and waiting for something better for yourself, you're not a loser in my books.

:up:

dandy said:
and as long as you're looking ahead to the future, hoping and waiting for something better for yourself, you're not a loser in my books.

:up:

I have no future. I am downright hopeless.
I don't care about life anymore. I think about dying everyday, just so this misery will end. It's at the point where I can't look at myself in the mirror any more. If I do look at myself in the mirror, I hate myself even more and say, "look at you. Nobody likes you. You're a loser." I am so ashamed at myself that I don't even want to talk to anybody anymore. When I talk to people, I can't help but feel they think I am a loser. Why would anybody want to talk to an ugly loser like myself anyway?

been there done that

joerags said:

I have no future. I am downright hopeless.
I don't care about life anymore. I think about dying everyday, just so this misery will end. It's at the point where I can't look at myself in the mirror any more. If I do look at myself in the mirror, I hate myself even more and say, "look at you. Nobody likes you. You're a loser." I am so ashamed at myself that I don't even want to talk to anybody anymore. When I talk to people, I can't help but feel they think I am a loser. Why would anybody want to talk to an ugly loser like myself anyway?

go talk to a doctor is this is how you really feel

i did it, and it worked

Sorry to break up the mood here people but how about some positivity?! Why not do a '10 reasons why I am NOT a loser' list?

And if you need help to get you started (bearing in mind I don't know any of you):

XTAL

1. Who was it your friend called when she wanted to pour her heart out to someone? YOU. Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I only pour my heart to my closest and trusted friends.

2. Creating a list entitled '10 reasons why I'm a loser' shows that you're not arrogant. Perhaps you're even modest.

3. You've got good taste in music.

JOERAGS:

1. You've got a degree, you're obviously v.smart.

2. You've got a job you love! OK, so it's not the best paid in the world, but does that really matter? At least you've not joined the rat race of career professionals who hate their job and only look forward to retirement whilst all the while it eats up their precious recreational time.

3. You too have great taste in music.

So those weren't perhaps the best starts for lists ever but, like I said, I don't know either of you. I can only go by what you put in your posts. I also suck bigtime at making people feel better so if this has actually made you feel even worse then please, forget I ever posted it.

That's a great post!! :)

You're so right.

Joerags, really, can you maybe try to find out where the passion in your life lies? If it's in your job already now, you're SO lucky! It's true that so many people drag themselves to work day after day and dread Sunday evenings because it reminds them of the sucky week to come.

If your passion doesn't lie in your job, you could maybe take some time out to get in tune with yourself and try to find out what it is...I've found personally that it's such a good vibe to spend time on something that truly speaks to you.

Another thing I did when I was in a slump a few months ago, was committing to do some charity work. Not to pat myself on the shoulder for it but because I was simply getting apalled by myself spending so many hours a week internally feeling sorry for myself and making myself and my worries the center of my thoughts. I was thinking along the lines of the Rejoice-lyrics in reverse : if I can't change the world in me, I can at least try to change the world around me and invest that energy into making other peoples lives a little better. If nothing else, it simple helped me to put my mind on something else.

It was refreshing and it put my worries into perspective.

Not preaching to you from upon a high horse, not at all, just trying to throw some ideas out there.

Xtal, hugs to you as well, I know it's hard to find your selfworth when noone ever tells you that they love you. But you are intelligent, not afraid to state your opinion and you're beautiful. Those are all good things and I'm sure there's loads more.

:hug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom