IO: How to make a good first impression. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > It's Official... > It's Official Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:28 PM
IO: How to make a good first impression.

Okay, so it's my second day at sixth form college and I'm was in Media Studies. The room we were in was pretty hot, and I felt a bit crappy, but meh, I thought it would pass.

As we were watching a demonstration, I got massive head rush and fainted. I had no clue what was going on, and when I came round, I thought I was dreaming, it was really wierd. I had to be sat outside with a glass of water for ten minutes before I was fit for human company.

And there you have it, how to make an arse of yourself in front of a room of strangers.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:28 PM
OMG. Me personally, I would be so embarrassed. I hope you are feeling better.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 10:28 PM
haha

I did something similar. I used to be really good at playing the clarinet (got scholarships and the like from an early age). Anyway school asked me to play in front of assembly. I was petrified and didn't take breakfast. There I was stood in front of 300 9-12 year olds who really couldn't give a fuck about listening to me. After only a couple of minutes I went .................................. I know that dreaming feeling when coming round.

One of many embarrasing moments.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #4
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:28 PM

I've passed out in front of people before. Always embarrassing. Puking in front of a bunch of people is even worse though...especially when you are then told to clean it up yourself, causing you to say nuts to that and just leave.

Not that I've ever done that.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:28 PM
That's definitely embarassing!

But maybe it will be good, because people will remember you, and you might make some new friends!

I'm the queen of making an arse of out myself!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:28 PM
when I was 16 or 17 I went to take my driver's permit test. After waiting in line for several hours and finally getting to the front of the line, I had a nose bleed. So, I'm standing there covering my nose and the lady says "You're up." Hands covering nose I reply "I can't go in now". She asks why and I took my hands away from my face and show her the mess. So I go clean up to some extent and take the test. I got a smidgeon of blood on the test itself. But I passed.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
Blue Crack Distributor

Hope you are alright!

The only time I've passed out is when I was a teenager and having blood drawn at the hospital. Or anytime I have blood taken, they make sure I'm sitting or lying down, just in case. Oh, and once when visiting my sister in the hospital after she gave birth. The smell of hospitals sometimes make me want to pass out.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I once passed out during a math course in college, and as I was coming around when the paramedics were there, my instructor was like, "Can we drag her out of here or something so we can continue class?" He later gave a quiz and didn't allow me to make it up, as he doesn't allow make ups. Jerk.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-08-2006, 04:50 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

on that professor! Jackass!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

I passed out on a cement staircase in an arena during Stars on Ice, fell flat on my face, knocked out a front tooth, and had to be taken away in an ambulance. That was FUN!

Moral of the story: Don't go to an ice show if you are sick and haven't eaten anything in over 24 hours.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:31 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

That's brilliant! On my brother's first day of 6th grade about 10 years ago, he threw up on his teacher! Great way to make an impression on your teacher!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:08 PM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 07:28 AM
I was very good at swimming when i was in year 7 to year 9,so about 12years to 14years old...roudabout.

i was winning quite a few races on this high school "swimmimg gala day".......so towards the final heats there,i was not dry much between races.

Why is this so embarrasing....i was wearing a bright WHITE swimsuit with not much......um....re-inforcement fabric for the nether-regions...........i had to put up with from the kids,
'ing from the teachers.

I ended up not doing well in the finals......and i think i was indirectly/directly responsible for the implementation of "swimming competetitors must wear black/navy swimming attire!"

Oh shit.........i just remebered another "swimming disaster"...i blocked it out until now......OH GOD THIS IS BAD!.......And i was an adult.I was holidaying with a B/F in the whitsundays and riding one of those bloody banana boat things,wearing a bakini and life jacket, had no idea what i looked like getting off the friggin' thing........damn..........have'nt been on one since!!!

Then once at Avoca beach!

I accidently exposed myself (a boob) to a bunch of kids when recovering from a wave that took me by suprise, i was coughing up sand and my hair was matted up from being dunked...i'm sure those little kids thought i was some sort of "Sea-witch"...the look on there poor little faces!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #13
you are what you is

Local Time: 11:28 PM
I wouldn't like to faint.

I fell down a flight of stairs in a bar in Spain and wrecked my ligaments in my foot/leg and it was awful. Nobody helped me. I had to go home to get my landlord to help me get to the hospital while my foot had swollen and forced me to wear old blokes slippers. (I had to wear them out in public while my foot was healing because I had a thick bandage on from my toes to my knee). I met my pupils at the hospital, had all sorts of doctors trying to practise their English with me and was sitting the entire night in a wheelchair while the waiting room just stared at this foreign girl sobbing down the phone to her family.

There was also the added shame of the door of the bathroom opening for everyone to see at one point during the night

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 09-08-2006, 07:20 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:28 PM
I haven't fainted yet, but I've come close. Once in high school my english teacher was regailing all the bloodyness about Hamlet or Macbeth or some Shakespeare thing, he was going into very gross detail and I felt light headed and thought I was going to pass out. My hands went all tingly and my vision clouded up.. it was horrid. Thankfully I summoned up the nerve to go the bathroom to try and calm myself. When I returned I hoped he'd be finished with the blood talk.

Hope you're feeling better
Old 09-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #15
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
Puking in front of a bunch of people is even worse though...especially when you are then told to clean it up yourself, causing you to say nuts to that and just leave.

Not that I've ever done that.

Um yeah...I haven't done that either...especially not in Home Economics class on the very first day of junior high...all over the table I was sharing with 5 other girls