IO: How to make a good first impression.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Total U2 Nut

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Okay, so it's my second day at sixth form college and I'm was in Media Studies. The room we were in was pretty hot, and I felt a bit crappy, but meh, I thought it would pass.

As we were watching a demonstration, I got massive head rush and fainted. I had no clue what was going on, and when I came round, I thought I was dreaming, it was really wierd. I had to be sat outside with a glass of water for ten minutes before I was fit for human company.

And there you have it, how to make an arse of yourself in front of a room of strangers.

haha

I did something similar. I used to be really good at playing the clarinet (got scholarships and the like from an early age). Anyway school asked me to play in front of assembly. I was petrified and didn't take breakfast. There I was stood in front of 300 9-12 year olds who really couldn't give a fuck about listening to me. After only a couple of minutes I went .................................. I know that dreaming feeling when coming round.

One of many embarrasing moments.

I've passed out in front of people before. Always embarrassing. Puking in front of a bunch of people is even worse though...especially when you are then told to clean it up yourself, causing you to say nuts to that and just leave.

Not that I've ever done that.

:shifty:

That's definitely embarassing!

But maybe it will be good, because people will remember you, and you might make some new friends! :D

I'm the queen of making an arse of out myself! :reject: :lol:

when I was 16 or 17 I went to take my driver's permit test. After waiting in line for several hours and finally getting to the front of the line, I had a nose bleed. So, I'm standing there covering my nose and the lady says "You're up." Hands covering nose I reply "I can't go in now". She asks why and I took my hands away from my face and show her the mess. So I go clean up to some extent and take the test. I got a smidgeon of blood on the test itself. But I passed.

Hope you are alright!

The only time I've passed out is when I was a teenager and having blood drawn at the hospital. Or anytime I have blood taken, they make sure I'm sitting or lying down, just in case. Oh, and once when visiting my sister in the hospital after she gave birth. The smell of hospitals sometimes make me want to pass out.
:huh:

I once passed out during a math course in college, and as I was coming around when the paramedics were there, my instructor was like, "Can we drag her out of here or something so we can continue class?" He later gave a quiz and didn't allow me to make it up, as he doesn't allow make ups. Jerk.

I passed out on a cement staircase in an arena during Stars on Ice, fell flat on my face, knocked out a front tooth, and had to be taken away in an ambulance. That was FUN! :happy:

Moral of the story: Don't go to an ice show if you are sick and haven't eaten anything in over 24 hours.

That's brilliant! On my brother's first day of 6th grade about 10 years ago, he threw up on his teacher! Great way to make an impression on your teacher!

I was very good at swimming when i was in year 7 to year 9,so about 12years to 14years old...roudabout.

i was winning quite a few races on this high school "swimmimg gala day".......so towards the final heats there,i was not dry much between races.

Why is this so embarrasing....i was wearing a bright WHITE swimsuit with not much......um....re-inforcement fabric for the nether-regions...........i had to put up with :giggle:from the kids,
:shh: 'ing from the teachers.

I ended up not doing well in the finals......and i think i was indirectly/directly responsible for the implementation of "swimming competetitors must wear black/navy swimming attire!"

Oh shit.........i just remebered another "swimming disaster"...i blocked it out until now......OH GOD THIS IS BAD!.......And i was an adult.I was holidaying with a B/F in the whitsundays and riding one of those bloody banana boat things,wearing a bakini and life jacket, had no idea what i looked like getting off the friggin' thing........damn..........have'nt been on one since!!!

Then once at Avoca beach!

I accidently exposed myself (a boob) to a bunch of kids when recovering from a wave that took me by suprise, i was coughing up sand and my hair was matted up from being dunked...i'm sure those little kids thought i was some sort of "Sea-witch"...the look on there poor little faces!!!
:eek:

I wouldn't like to faint.

I fell down a flight of stairs in a bar in Spain and wrecked my ligaments in my foot/leg and it was awful. Nobody helped me. I had to go home to get my landlord to help me get to the hospital while my foot had swollen and forced me to wear old blokes slippers. (I had to wear them out in public while my foot was healing because I had a thick bandage on from my toes to my knee). I met my pupils at the hospital, had all sorts of doctors trying to practise their English with me and was sitting the entire night in a wheelchair while the waiting room just stared at this foreign girl sobbing down the phone to her family.

There was also the added shame of the door of the bathroom opening for everyone to see at one point during the night

:up:

I haven't fainted yet, but I've come close. Once in high school my english teacher was regailing all the bloodyness about Hamlet or Macbeth or some Shakespeare thing, he was going into very gross detail and I felt light headed and thought I was going to pass out. My hands went all tingly and my vision clouded up.. it was horrid. Thankfully I summoned up the nerve to go the bathroom to try and calm myself. When I returned I hoped he'd be finished with the blood talk.

Hope you're feeling better

Bonochick said:
Puking in front of a bunch of people is even worse though...especially when you are then told to clean it up yourself, causing you to say nuts to that and just leave.

Not that I've ever done that.

:shifty:

Um yeah...I haven't done that either...especially not in Home Economics class on the very first day of junior high...all over the table I was sharing with 5 other girls :shifty: :reject:

OMG you poor thing! I woulda been so embarrassed too. I have fainted several times in my life and felt like I was going to many times but never in front of an audience embarrassing myself. Hope you are OK. :wink:

Ok ready?

In the 8th grade my dad bought me a GoPed for my birthday and I was showing off on it in front of my little sister, and I pulled the little gas thing on it all the way, and I hit a bump and went rolling down the sidewalk...all I did was cut my finger, but I must've shook myself up some, because when I went into this Glass place to clean up my hand, I passed out, luckily the guy that worked there was coming to bring me a band-aid and caught me before I hit the cement.

Also in 8th grade I fell down a flight of stairs on my way to the library, and I yelled the whole itme I was falling, and it was one of those staircases with grip tape on each step so each time I hit one it scrapped up my arm, and I was laying there on the ground at the bottom of the steps and I couldn't move at first, and the teacher down the hall just went and closed his door and kept teaching his class....Don't worry, I didn't break anything, but I had some MAJOR scratches on my arms and legs.

Then again in 8th grade, I tripped on a stair and twisted my ankle, I had to get wheeled to the nurses office, and my dad had to pick me up, that ankle's never been right since

Then when I was a junior in high school, I was giving blood at the blood drive, and it was my second or third time, and it was my friend that went with me's first time. So I was done, and they were taking her blood and I was saying all these encouraging things to her, and I don't even really remember it happening, but mid sentence (she told me later) I went....I'm feeling a little woozy, and then next thing she knows I was on the ground :lol:

Ok....I THINK those are all my stories....If I think of more I'll come back

:lol:

It's nice to know that other people have made arses of themselves too :wink:

I just hoped I'm not remembered as "the girl who fainted" :wink:

Ok....so today at marching band practice....I don't know what happened...I was just standing there and then all of a sudden I started to feel really sick like I was going to puke, when suddenly everything got real dark, so I sat down real quick cause I was about to fall, but everyone was about to march around me, so I jumped up and ran over to the sideline, but as I was standing there on the sideline, I got really sick again and then it got dark again and I fell into the grass :sigh: everyone kept asking me if I was ok and I was so embaressed :reject:

Grrr waht I was afraid of happened

"Ashley are you all right?"
"You doing ok over there, Ashley?"
"Need any water?"
"So what happened, you just get dehydrated?"

I'm glad they care I really am, I just, don't want to be the person that fainted and now needs everyone to keep an eye on

The only time I've passed out was when I had a blood test a few years ago. The nurse made me sit in a chair while she did it and I nearly fell off the chair, another nurse caught me in time and put me on a bed. Now whenever I have a blood test I make sure I get to lie down :laugh:.

Back
Top Bottom