IO: Green Day rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
I just watched Green Day perform on Carson. The entire show was dedicated to them performing. There has been a lot of Green Day bashing on this site, so to quote our favorite drummer, "Two Words."

so you're posting this in IO to get away from the detractors that might crawl out of the woodwork in b&c?

i don't get it.

Actually, in B and C, most Green Day stuff has been positive. It's the Grammy threads that'll kill. What song did they play?

titanium3.jpg

blueyedpoet said:
they actually played all 8 or 9 minutes of Jesus of suberbia, American Idiot, blvd, and another song (the title has temporarily slipped my mind)

Holiday?

That would make sense, because that would be the first four songs on the album

Amercian Idiot
Jesus of Suburbia
Holiday
Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Holiday would definitely have to go before Boulevard, because the transition is very natural on the album. Or something.

just bought American Idiot. Me Gusta mucho.

i think Tre Cool makes the band. He uses his toms like a maniac, there aren't too many other drummers who use their toms so frequently.

I don't really care for Greenday, they are kinda full of them selves. I mean their music isn't that bad, but their all about the younger generation. They're just not as experienced as U2, and they'll never come close...but i don't care for their song American idot, it bashes America, and I came to America, with the upmost respect for it, and then they come out with a song like that? Well, it is geared for the younger teens, and what not. It's more of an ego thing, so they go and write a song of rebellion...but U2 is the opposite, they have respect for America, so it's just a matter of opinoins.

their music - especially of late - is not just not bad. it is great!
Green Day is in their thirties - early - and they've been a band since they were in their teens. of course that means they do not have the same experience as U2, but they do have a lot of it. Green Day don't hate America they hate the government. As the United States is a nation-state, there is a world of difference between hating the nation (which neither Green Day nor U2 do) and hating the state (Green Day hates, and U2 "disagrees" with).
And, come on, it's not like Bono and the boys aren't full of themselves.

Yeah..., Like, Bono's modest..but theres times it goes to his head..but then being so popular, he can let lose a little..i mean ya only live once...but i'm not saying i'm against green day..just that one song,( but they have a point about the gov. epsicailly now, b/c bushe's son was elected, and there is now another bush in office.) and that's my personal opinoin. I really like boulivard of broken dreams. and the song basket case, from their earlier days...but U2 is my all time favorite band!!!

NewYorkGirl2316 said:
...but U2 is my all time favorite band!!!

:wink: you wrapped up the whole discussion with just that. good job!

there is absolutely nothing wrong with bashing mr bush and his minions :madspit:

blueyedpoet said:
I just watched Green Day perform on Carson. The entire show was dedicated to them performing. There has been a lot of Green Day bashing on this site, so to quote our favorite drummer, "Two Words."

you give me two words? i'll match it - no, i'll double it! "green day is ass".

what a shitty, SHITTY thread.

Back
Top Bottom