IO: From 80 mph to 65mph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like someone said earlier, petrol in the UK is a ridiculous price. Here in Nottinghamshire I pay 84p a litre. Which is ?3.81 per UK gallon. There is 0.8327 UK gallons per US gallon, so if you US guys were paying UK prices, you would be paying ?3.17 per gallon. Which is US$5.19

:grumpy:

Bloody petrol. Costs a bloody fortune :grumpy:

Last edited:
there is 100 pennies in a pound :up:

Driving is going to cost me so much money, lessons are expensive enough. :| :| :|

bammo2 said:

god I wish our petrol cost that little

:sigh:

Us Brits would all be having parties!!

bammo when you are in Dublin if you get a car if you drive to Dundalk or Drogheda you will get cheap petrol :up:
Or a place called Smiths garage, its on some road between Dublin and Drogehda, all my Dads brothers drive there every weekend for the cheap petrol.

Lara Mullen said:

bammo when you are in Dublin if you get a car if you drive to Dundalk or Drogheda you will get cheap petrol :up:

I will be exporting my car (Ford KA) out there with me. It won't cost me anything to export it cos I'm an EU resident and it's classed as my personal belongings. And then when I move back home I will sell it in Ireland cos I can't be arsed to re-register it in England, and anyway cars are worth more in Ireland :up:

Is it a black FordKa :drool:
I would buy that car.... if I had money :D

no it's dark red one, like this one

BF51GWY.jpg

It may not be black, but it's got air con, electric windows and leather bits. It's a posh car in my world!

bammo2 said:
Like someone said earlier, petrol in the UK is a ridiculous price. Here in Nottinghamshire I pay 84p a litre. Which is ?3.81 per UK gallon. There is 0.8327 UK gallons per US gallon, so if you US guys were paying UK prices, you would be paying ?3.17 per gallon. Which is US$5.19

:grumpy:

Bloody petrol. Costs a bloody fortune :grumpy:

Yup, it's 87p here cos they have to transport it all the way up here(i'm about as north as you can go without falling off the mainland). It's up again with the budget too:madspit:

also thanks for working out what it'd be in $. I couldn't be bothered:reject:

icelle said:
vlasek you have got to be kidding me. i seriously can't believe i will save on gas just for going slower.

i fill up my tank at nearly 20 bucks. and then by day three im having to refill again. gas near me is 2.17 a gallon:grumpy:

You know, I'm thinkin it's more the fact that I'm staying at a steady 65 mph (cruise control) than going slower, but, who knows?

vlasak said:

You know, I'm thinkin it's more the fact that I'm staying at a steady 65 mph (cruise control) than going slower, but, who knows?

My cost for gasoline is $1.56 gallon. (US) Wow, I think I'd have to quite my job if gas was up to $3.00!

Back
Top Bottom