IO: Fixing Computers Makes Your Brain Hurt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
My wife has a seven-year old "ProGen" laptop. It was acting really funky (not finding the operating system at times). I had a choice - buy a new one or fix the current laptop. :huh:

My wife told me to fix it (she didn't want to spend the money on a new computer). :shifty:

After wiping the hard drive and re-installing Windows 98 (it is an old computer), the screen resolution was stuck at 16-colors, 640X480 resolution. You could barely read the screen. :ohmy:

I did an on-line search for "ProGen" to see if they had customer support or if I could download the correct driver for the screen. The search results were mostly complaints about ProGen. Wonderful. :|

After some more digging, I found a way to learn the manufacturer of the display adapter and searched for the correct driver. :yes:

BINGO! Once I got this information, updating the driver allowed me to change the resolution to a more pleasing 1024X768! :hyper:

It took a few hours of searching, but I finally got it fixed! :dance:

Don't you just love the satisfaction of fixing your computer? It's just..., so rewarding! :cute:

There is no comparison to the satisfaction I feel after fixing a computer problem. :up:

Back
Top Bottom