IO: Everything Has Been Said...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
I'm feeling as though I've said everything that could be said, and now I just have every response down to a science. Even the internet has become nothing more than repetition. Same sites, every day. Nothing "new," really.

I dunno. I wish I could still feel "mystery" and "excitement" over life. I'd love to work in Europe, for instance, but after researching it and discovering how difficult it is to work abroad anywhere, I've become pretty much resigned to being stuck in America. I'm just plain bored with everything.

Oh and forgive me if this thread is grossly arrogant. I tend to do that a lot. :reject:

Melon

there's plenty of room over here melon for yourself and your um arrogance as you say. ;) we dont have the glamour of europe nor the neurotic frenetic pace of america. it's a nice quiet way of just going with the flow.

dont know if you could handle a nation of people who just dont get up in arms over things or wave guns about and protest. we'd rather watch the rest of the world. sounds like heaven to me, but probably a backwater to you.

Angela Harlem said:
there's plenty of room over here melon for yourself and your um arrogance as you say. ;) we dont have the glamour of europe nor the neurotic frenetic pace of america. it's a nice quiet way of just going with the flow.

dont know if you could handle a nation of people who just dont get up in arms over things or wave guns about and protest. we'd rather watch the rest of the world. sounds like heaven to me, but probably a backwater to you.

Oh Australia would be fun. The thing is? Almost all national immigration laws, whether it be the U.S., Canada, Australia, EU, or wherever...pretty much have their laws written to keep people out, unless, of course, you have an in-demand occupation or are rich and famous.

If heaven on Earth existed? I could work in media in another nation for a while. I really need a change of scenery...

Melon

I'm so bored right now (and have been for such a long time) that I want to kill myself. Except I'm also afraid of death.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Melon

zoney! said:
Oh look...unodostrescartoce just signed your yearbook Melon!

I was known by so many first names in HS that I confused the foreign exchange student, who started signing my yearbook with "Dear YOU."

I guess that's what you get when you hate your real first name...lol.

Melon

Melon, it´s odd that you of all people feel this way.

I hope you will feel better soon!

:hug:

p.s. your real name is lovely :angry: it´s a lot better than what
bear has

Last edited:
melon said:
I'm feeling as though I've said everything that could be said, and now I just have every response down to a science. Even the internet has become nothing more than repetition. Same sites, every day. Nothing "new," really.

:|
I have the same feeling at times.
Especially here.
Hell, even FYM is on a two-month loop.

Re: Re: IO: Everything Has Been Said...

Popmartijn said:
I have the same feeling at times.
Especially here.
Hell, even FYM is on a two-month loop.

My FYM responses feel pre-programmed after writing there for 4 years. Even my attempts to "shake up" my writing is now pre-programmed. :huh:

Melon

nbcrusader said:
Start your own business - that should give you new challenges every day.

I have three books on the subject that I'm currently reading. :wink:

Melon

i think you just proved your intellect by this very thread, melon :up:

boredom is usually a sign of high intellect...the need to be challenged...

personally, if you want my 2 cents....i think you're doing just fine. :sexywink:

it's funny, though.

i feel the same way about the internet in general...which would explain why i'm not here that often and thus my relatively low post count. i get bored easily too. my mind is never at rest.

best thing is to walk away from the computer and occupy your mind otherwise..i do this all the time and it works. :wink:

and there's always your boyfriend, of course....i'm sure he could cure what ills our beloved melon. :sexywink:

mmmBono said:
and there's always your boyfriend, of course....i'm sure he could cure what ills our beloved melon. :sexywink:

Except he's in Toronto and is going to France for a year starting in June. And I can't afford a "working vacation."

So much for "curing ills." *sigh* I wish I could go.

Melon

Last edited:
I think everyone gets like this at some time or another, Melon. I hate the fact my life is mapped out for the next while. Most days I feel like I am just trailing along waiting to feel excited or happy about something instead of not really caring about anything. I have found myself trying to get out and meet friends more and I've now also found gardening very therapeutic and have started spending a lot of time outdoors which I love, it takes my mind off things and it's something new for me to do. Maybe you could find a new hobby or night class to go to?

:hug:

i was going through similar sh*t not so long ago, and there was only one piece of advice that kept me sane: being unhappy isn't overall a good thing, but it's a sign that you're still looking for something more, you're not satisfied--and that will push you to keep searching. when you give up on that, and simply accept the shittiness as a permanent state, then it's time to worry.

it sucks that you've had such a bad run of things lately. you're going to be so happy when everything comes together for you. i hope that day is soon for you.

I struggle with periods of resignation and ambition. Thankfully, ambition still wins out, in the long run. I'm determined to get the hell away from where I am now. It's just frustrating, though, that I can't seem to get a job to accomplish that. :huh: But I feel like more progress is being made even on that front, even though everything is still so uncertain and depressing.

And yeah...boyfriends far away make things a bit more difficult, although, frankly, I'm used to it. As odd as it may seem to people, I'm more used to being aloof and alone than I am being close to people. But we do genuinely love each other, and I have an emotional and intellectual connection with him that I don't think I'd ever get with anyone else (along with physical attraction, but I see that as secondary :sexywink: ). The way we see it, we do have an entire lifetime ahead of us, and we just need this year for both of us to get our shit taken care of. Me: starting a career. Him: the intense desire to live abroad for a little while.

Still, though, it's rough. And I feel like I'll be happy in the long term. It's just trying to make it through the short term/next year. There are moments even now where I think I'm going to go nuts, and I have no idea how I'm going to survive this year. :(

Melon

Last edited:
My two very close friends are going through the long distance thing this year with her going to school in extreme northern california, and him in southern california. They miss each other a lot, but they just celebrated their 3 year anniversary and their relationship is as strong as ever, if not stronger. It can certainly be done!

Back
Top Bottom