IO -Everyone should have a Nana.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
Honestly.

Besides the mother in your life, having the love of a Nana, is incredible.
Mine rocks. :heart:
Unconditional love all around.
I love her.

Some of us never knew our Nana's...:sad:
What I was told about her is that she died of a heart attack while standing on the platform waiting for the Red Car in old Los Angeles; she was holding infant Mr. BAW...

Char and I located her East Los Angeles gravesite; no one had been there in years...:sad: :sad:

I lived with my grandma for quite some time, and she is the coolest woman I know.

I hope I'm as cool as she is when I'm her age. Right now she's 83, and still going as strong as ever.

I love my Grammy! :heart:

My other grandmother had MS, and died 7 years ago. Because of how the disease had affected her, I never really got a chance to know her very well. I do have some wonderful memories of her from when I was a child, though.

My Nana passed away about 8 years ago when I was pregnant with my younger son.

She was the only one I had, and in her earlier years remarried a man who became my grandfather, He had such an impact on my life which was unbelievable especially not having a dad in my earlier years.

She was always there for me, and always ahead of her time.

I miss her so much along with my grandfather.
They were the best.

Now my mom is a Nana. :giggle:

My Nana talks on the phone forever. But, she cares. My Pop-Pop is also really nice. Never knew my dad's parents, they both died before I was born.:( I'm told that my dad's mom would of loved me and my sister soooooooo much. But, I dod have have great memories of my Great Grandmother, Me-Mom. She would give my sister and me Starbursts.:) She was so nice and loving.:) She lived to be 92.

Me; "Hi Nana"

Nana; "Hola mijo!....want something to eat?"

Me;"Nah, I just had a big lunch"

Nana; "Ok, sit down and i'll make you something good."

*I sit down and eat*

:lol:

Mr. BAW said:
Some of us never knew our Nana's...:sad:
What I was told about her is that she died of a heart attack while standing on the platform waiting for the Red Car in old Los Angeles; she was holding infant Mr. BAW...

Char and I located her East Los Angeles gravesite; no one had been there in years...:sad: :sad:

Wow. That is sad. How old was she?

I lived with one of them for many years. She could wear you down, but she was cool. Funny as hell - when she wasn't guilting you into submission - though that was funny when she did it to someone else. :D

The other lived a ways away and died when I was 12 or so? She was sickly, but I have good memories of her, I guess. Drank beer and smoked unfiltered cigarettes up until the day she died. :hi5: Irish New Englanders, lol.

Last edited:
RedrocksU2 said:
Me; "Hi Nana"

Nana; "Hola mijo!....want something to eat?"

Me;"Nah, I just had a big lunch"

Nana; "Ok, sit down and i'll make you something good."

*I sit down and eat*

:lol:

I loved when mine would cook for my dad. She'd say something like, "I didn't know if a steak would be enough for you, so I threw in a roast too." :lol: :heart:

My Nana was awesome! She was married 6 times, had 8 kids and raised them mostly as a single mom by owning bars at a time when it was not that common for women to be business owners, especially in her business. She drank like a fish, cursed like a sailor and had boyfriends :ohmy:

I thought I was the coolest kid ever because I got to go into her bar and shoot pool, play pinball, choose songs on the jukebox and have all the free cokes and bags of chips I wanted. I wasn't allowed to sit at the bar so there would usually be a booth reserved for me, my sister and our cousins and we just thought we were the shit! She would take all of her grandkids to Vegas and hand out twenty dollar bills so we could go to the arcade and she could "gamble in peace."

She could be kind of embarrasing too like whenever we ate in a restaurant, she would smash up any left over food on our plates because she was convinced they would "stick it on the next customer's plate." :lmao:

I loved hearing her stories about getting deported back to Canada when she lived in Detroit and how she would always sneak back and find another husband. She seemed like such a rebel to me! :lol: :love:

I never had a nana :( my grandma on mother's side lives on the other side of the country and we barely see her... my other grandma died 2 years ago suddenly of a heart attack.... I was never close to either anyway... I was really close with my dad's dad when I was a kid, but he passed away when I was nine, cancer...

:sad: RR, will you be my nana?

Everyone should have MY nana - but you're not getting her. You could probably have my other one or I'd be willing to share my mom, but not Nana M :heart:

All of my grandparents are dead. One before I was born, three by the time I was three years old, and the fourth two years ago.

I have some wonderful memories of both my grandmothers. One of them is in a nursing home (Alzheimer's) so she unfortunately doesn't recognize me a lot, and the other one died in May. They were both very, very good to me growing up.

Back
Top Bottom