io: dumbest thing your pet ever did?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkass 71

The Fly
2 things:

once my cat jumped in the toilet and nearly drowned. she was too young to know it was dumb so i dont think that counts...

then 2 days ago...my cat jumped into the bathtub with daisy while she screamed at her to get out. i seriously dont know what it is with pippin and water.

ok, your turn.

one time, ginger ate a really long piece of string.

i had to pull it out slowly while she gagged. :yuck:

as for my doodah (lucille) i'll have to think about it..

Last edited:
Hmm, one time Pita had a running start to jump on my bed. Only this time I think her paw slipped because she didn't quite make it. she landed on the side of my bed with her claws hanging on the edge. She made the kitty equilvilant of a "d'oh!" sound and thusly landed straight on her ass.

bonosgirl84 said:
one time, ginger ate a really long piece of string.

i had to pull it out slowly while she gagged. :yuck:

as for my doodah (lucille) i'll have to think about it..

Well consider yourself fortunate, bonosgirl! At least you got to pull it out the front end. :wink:

I had to pull a piece of tinsel out the back end of my cat MacPhisto. That was at Christmas. Then at New Year's he ate more (from a party horn), puked blood, and had to go to an ER vet in the middle of the night ($$$$) for XRays and observation.

That was 5 years ago and he still eats any type of curling ribbon or string he can find. :coocoo:

Oh, wait... the other night he got spooked from his brother and bolted full force...straight into my sofa. After shaking it off he kept having a weird spasm on the top of his head. :crazy: It might have made him smarter though, since he hasn't eaten any string since then.

When my sisters cat was a Kitten, one day if fell straight into our pool.....we got it out, I dont know, maybe 10 minutes later it was right back in there again :lol:

My cat Gordon caught himself on fire.
He jumped up on a table/cabinet thing that had a lit candle and he just stood over it. :der:
We saw a flash of light and he took off running and managed to put himself out. Luckily, he didn't seriously hurt himself. He only toasted his chest fur a bit. The house reeked of burnt fur for a while.

I have to say that the table/cabinet thing where we had the candle was on was something the cats never got on. We thought it was a safe place to put the flame. I don't light candles much anymore because of this.

U2 Dork, my cat Jershey, did the same thing. Jumped up onto the kitchen table, went near the candle and lit his tail on fire. He ran so quickly that he put it out while running.

My other cat Clayton, somehow got brown dye all over his white fur while my wife was dying her hair.:wink:

My dog, Pip, loves to run fast--she was running at the lake on the bank & jumped in the front of boat to run to the back & dive off. She caught her leg between the seats & was screaming bloody murder! She also bit the crap out of my hand when I was trying to free her. She had previously injured this same leg when she took a dive down our front steps at the house & pulled the knee cap loose. Cost us $400 at the Pet ER the day before vacation when she did that. She's worth every penny.

One of my sister's cats got trapped in a bag of catfood. Stupid...or really, really smart? :lol:

Spencer once ate an entire bag of caramel corn then walked past us in the living room innocently with great big pieces of it stuck to his ears. :laugh:

Nikki - we won't even go there, I'd be here all day. :crack:

Mia loves to go into the bathrub for some odd reason. One day I was running the shower, but she jumped in it thinking that there was no shower running. She screeched and jumped out so fast, I was literally dying laughing. She's done a gazillion other things, but that's one that stands out now.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Spencer once ate an entire bag of caramel corn then walked past us in the living room innocently with great big pieces of it stuck to his ears. :laugh:

:lmao: :heart:

Mr. BAW said:
she was after that catfish you put in the toilet...tell me that story about the fish that hid from you...I love that story.....:)

I am NOT telling that story again :lol:

And as far as strings and things.. you really shouldnt pull it out either end, it could cause more damage than not if it is tied around the intestines :( Best bet is to get to the vet.

Zoey used to eat the tails off her mice :crack: Now she doesnt get them unless I cut the tails off first.

When we were kids, my Mom was a huge Tom Jones fan. We had a Bullmastiff named Babe and one day we notice something hanging out of her butt. No it wasn't Tom Jones, but it was the 8-track Tom Jones tape that was my Mom's favorite. Mom was pissed but the worst part was on the way to the vet the dog shat all over the back seat of my mom's car. I was sitting in the back seat with the dog. :barf:

Poor Babe had to have surgery to remove the tape from her insides.

Numb1075 said:
my cat Jershey
next cat i get i'm so naming it that! :D

i can't remember which cat did this, but one of them was chasing the other down the hallway (this was back when i lived with my parents.) i think tabitha was chaging jonathan. anyway, the chaser ran smack into the wall. i remember them being quite frazzled and shook their head and went on running.

My dog ate a cotton work glove and a nitrile sterile glove later on.

abby frequently jumps into the washing machine. there's a bench next to it with their bowls and they often stand on the washing machine lid. if i leave the lid open, abby is too stupid to refrain from jumping up. abby likes to then stay in the washing machine. abby is an idiot.

stussy (dec.) once went flying from the dining room taking a running jump onto the coffee table in the lounge. coffee table had high gloss surface. stussy was hymalayan with very furry feet. stussy went sliding over the entire length of coffee table and slammed into lounge chair. stussy wasn't laughing. we were.

angus:
*often runs into glass patio door, walls, furniture, people, the cats.
*once ate a roasted pork shoulder and 2 days later, 3/4 of an apple pie. 2 days after that, he was in hospital having his ruptured spleen removed.
*he has consumed at various times an empty tin of cat food, diabetic syringes, mercury thermometre, old tea bags from rubbish, bricks, dirt, ashtray contents, cat poo.

zoe another hymalayan once woke the entire house with a huge ruckus. she had tried to jump onto an upright but narrow box. box was open at top end. zoe fell in. zoe could then not get out as the flaps closed over. zoe was not happy. hymalayans do not take well to their dignity being robbed. humans find this very funny.

abby, who redefines stupid (she's a chinchilla), frequently hunts birds. large birds. abby gets so close, then shits herself and runs the opposite way. abby always hopes the back sliding glass door is open. so do we.

tigger was a tortoiseshell moggie. she would follow us to the shops. one morning mum was waiting to catch a very early train to work and in the dark she saw something on the train tracks. she saw the white chest and realised it was tigger. mum panicked and called out to her, not really knowing what to do. tigger plaintively meowed, stuck her arse up the the air and headed off towards sydney daintily keeping her paws on the metal and off the balistrade. she came home a few hours later unharmed. tigger had approximately 37 lives.

last night i made cookies from premade cookie dough. daisy and i had like one each.

then in the middle of the night i woke up to a very loud crash in the kitchen. pippin had jumped up on the stove to steal a cookie but ended up bringing down the whole pan of them:|

We had a German Shepherd which use to jump on top of the BBQ to lick the oil off the plate. Not a good idea after it has just been used. Trip to Vet for burn cream for front paw. Vet reduced fees due to having the best laugh in a long time!

We had a German Shepherd which use to jump on top of the BBQ to lick the oil off the plate. Not a good idea after it has just been used. Trip to Vet for burn cream for front paw. Vet reduced fees due to having the best laugh in a long time!

Back
Top Bottom