io #deja vu...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so i was standing in the crowd at the dropkick murphys show last week, waiting for far from finished to take the stage and the kid behind me was explaining deja vu to his girlfriend. he claimed that it's because your eyeballs aren't always necessarily syncronized, one of them sees something and sends the message to your brain a fraction of a second before the other, but in just that short amount of time - a nanosecond or some such small measurement - that it takes for your other eye to see it, your brain has already processed that you've seen it, and therefore you think that it's already happened before.

anyone know if that's right? i'm too lazy to google it, and i don't really trust random shit i read on the net (which begs the question: will i really trust you? probably not, but tell me anyway) any more than i trust random kids at a punk rock show.

Animation1.gif

i can cross one eye inward. not outward. so can mel gibson. i saw him do it on either leno or letterman a while back.

IWasBored said:
i can cross one eye inward. not outward. so can mel gibson. i saw him do it on either leno or letterman a while back.

do you experience deja vu when you do this :shrug:

IWasBored said:
can you turn a negative age? that would be cool.

After further review...no.

I tried 2008...but it didn't work (kicked it out and made it blank again)

I also tried 1492 (you know, the year Columbus sailed........). Also no...it kicks it out.

Oh well...

Wankerman (as you call her) found a nice quote on a greeting card this weekend about daily birthdays. I wish I could remember it...people would frown on this silly project a little less.

Back
Top Bottom