IO: Dehydrated fruit in cereal is pointless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
FruitHarvest.gif

:yikes: What in blue blazes is the purpose of having that dried out, stringy fruit in your cereal? Do the companies actually think we're invalids who can't pick up a piece of fresh fruit and chop it in there ourselves or eat it separately? :eyebrow: Honestly. It's probably helped ruin some very good cereals when they supposedly "improved" them which such things...

Most recently, they ruined Honey Bunches of Oats by adding peaches to the fray. Not only were said peaches incredibly sour, but they were still crunchy, even after being in the milk for a while! :yikes:

Hopefully this is just a fad. :|

elevated_u2_fan said:
Can't be any worse than the dried marshmallows or whatever the hell they're supposed to be... :tsk:

Lucky Charms are cool when you're a kid but as you get older the idea of chewing flavored dust looses it's appeal :yuck:

:up: True, I really don't care for dried marshmallows either.

It's called CEREAL, people. It's dried grain-based food. YOU put stuff in it. It doesn't have to be week-old dehydrated stuff either. :wink:

Another thing I just thought of... :wink:

What's with all the pre-cooked crap now? :angry:

Pre-cooked bacon? Apparently it's to "save you the hassle of cooking it yourself"...

Now, I haven't eaten bacon in ages but from what I remember, it wasn't that much of a hassle to fry bacon in a frying pan...

And the fact that it doesn't need to be refrigerated disturbs me...

elevated_u2_fan said:

Pre-cooked bacon? Apparently it's to "save you the hassle of cooking it yourself"...

Now, I haven't eaten bacon in ages but from what I remember, it wasn't that much of a hassle to fry bacon in a frying pan...

:yikes: That sounds positively evil.

newhome2_02.jpg

How about egg beaters? They're made from 99% real eggs, yet they're supposedly an egg substitute? :slant: I'd pay good money to know what the other 1% is...probably some sort of rat poison. :wink:

Cinnamin Toast Cruch is the King of Cereals. No dried fruit. Just toast, cinnamin a whole lotta crunch*. :drool:

* I let it sit for a minute so it gets soggy though. But Cinnamin Toast Soggy doesn't sound good. Also, I can't spell Cinnamin to save my life.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Can't be any worse than the dried marshmallows or whatever the hell they're supposed to be... :tsk:

Lucky Charms are cool when you're a kid but as you get older the idea of chewing flavored dust looses it's appeal :yuck:
DUDE. Dried Marshmallows are the food of the gods!

LemonMelon said:

newhome2_02.jpg

How about egg beaters? They're made from 99% real eggs, yet they're supposedly an egg substitute? :slant: I'd pay good money to know what the other 1% is...probably some sort of rat poison. :wink:

According to the Egg Beaters Website

Egg Beaters Original is made with 99% eggs — but only the best part — the whites. The other 1% consists of vitamins and other nutrients usually lost when the yolk is removed. Egg Beaters Original have no artificial flavors, preservatives or colors.

JessicaAnn said:

Egg Beaters Original is made with 99% eggs — but only the best part — the whites. The other 1% consists of vitamins and other nutrients usually lost when the yolk is removed. Egg Beaters Original have no artificial flavors, preservatives or colors.

That's it. I had to rely on the stuff when I had to loose weight like real fast (for surgery). Stuff's not too bad actually.

I quite like Extra cereal. It has dried strawberries in it.. which are okay.. a bit strange and little yogurt clusters. It is, yummy :drool:

I like honey bunches 'o oats too, but I've only tried the cinnamon one.

Oh man. I am pretty serious about my cereal. I can't function properly throughout the day without a bowl. :drool:

My latest anger was over this: THEY CHANGED THE SHAPE OF TRIX! :scream:

Why did they ruin their fruit-shaped goodness? :cry:

Okay I apologize.

elevated_u2_fan said:

I'm a huge fan of the pre-cooked bacon :up:

No mess, 3 slices ready in 15 seconds and did I mention no mess.

:drool:

LikeNoOneBefore said:

My latest anger was over this: THEY CHANGED THE SHAPE OF TRIX! :scream:

Oh, don't even get me started on that. Trix sucks now! :mad: First they had a version with 1/3 less sugar that tasted like cardboard, now they changed the shape of it...pretty soon it'll just be artificially colored cardboard-esque puffs. :sad:

Did you guys know that Cap'n Cruch, and I qoute, "The cereal pieces resemble yellow, slightly-flattened boxes, intended to look like treasure chests." <--- I had no idea. My world changed when I read that.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

They went back to the original shape, that's what it was like when I was a kid...

Silly rabbit.

Life must have really sucked back then. :(

Dude, the fruit shapes are classic. It's what makes Trix...Trix. Otherwise, what separates it from other fruity cereals? Do you know what the future of fruity cereals is? Fruity Cheerios. :yuck: Half the sugar, half the flavor, washed-out colors...etc. :sad:

LemonMelon said:

Otherwise, what separates it from other fruity cereals?

We only had 3 back then, Fruity Pebbles, Fruit Loops, and Trix...

So tiny flakes, loops, and puffs. Life was much simpler back then.

UberBeaver said:
Did you guys know that Cap'n Cruch, and I qoute, "The cereal pieces resemble yellow, slightly-flattened boxes, intended to look like treasure chests." <--- I had no idea. My world changed when I read that.

Holy crow....I've eaten that stuff, along with Crunch Berries most of my life and I never knew that.

They changed Trix back to the original shape?! I have waited at least 16 years for this! :hyper:

But I do hate the fruit in the cereal :barf: I bought Special K Red Berries once, and it was awful. Since I'm frugal and like Special K plain, I just picked the strawberries out of each bowl after the first nasty one (which the strawberries made so gross that I couldn't even finish).

Know what I miss? The original S'mores cereal, way back in the day, that was basically like Golden Grahams + marshmallows and bits of chocolate. Now they've got this new S'mores, which is totally different, and very sucky :angry:

I love Special K Red - but I'll be the first to admit that getting used to dehydrated strawberries took a little time. Once I realized that by extracting the water, they had extracted most (all) of the sugar from the berries, I started letting them soak in the milk for a minute or so before devouring them. It made all the difference in the world. :yes: :up:

When I used to eat cereal I was also quite a fan of Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cereal, and one called Sunflakes. They were twice as crunchy as Frosted Flakes & didn't have all the nasty 'frosting'... they were just sweet & plain & perfect. :yum:

:sad: I miss cereal. :sad: (Too much sugar in most of it & I can't eat a normal cereal bowl serving.... I want the Jethro sized serving. The only way to control it is to not buy the stuff.)

Back
Top Bottom