IO: Dehydrated fruit in cereal is pointless - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > It's Official... > It's Official Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 66,783
Local Time: 02:49 AM
IO: Dehydrated fruit in cereal is pointless



What in blue blazes is the purpose of having that dried out, stringy fruit in your cereal? Do the companies actually think we're invalids who can't pick up a piece of fresh fruit and chop it in there ourselves or eat it separately? Honestly. It's probably helped ruin some very good cereals when they supposedly "improved" them which such things...

Most recently, they ruined Honey Bunches of Oats by adding peaches to the fray. Not only were said peaches incredibly sour, but they were still crunchy, even after being in the milk for a while!

Hopefully this is just a fad.
__________________

LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,876
Local Time: 05:49 AM
Can't be any worse than the dried marshmallows or whatever the hell they're supposed to be...

Lucky Charms are cool when you're a kid but as you get older the idea of chewing flavored dust looses it's appeal
__________________

elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 66,783
Local Time: 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
Can't be any worse than the dried marshmallows or whatever the hell they're supposed to be...

Lucky Charms are cool when you're a kid but as you get older the idea of chewing flavored dust looses it's appeal
True, I really don't care for dried marshmallows either.

It's called CEREAL, people. It's dried grain-based food. YOU put stuff in it. It doesn't have to be week-old dehydrated stuff either.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,876
Local Time: 05:49 AM
Exactly

When did it get so hard to wash a couple of blueberries or cut up a damn banana anyhow?
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,876
Local Time: 05:49 AM
Another thing I just thought of...

What's with all the pre-cooked crap now?

Pre-cooked bacon? Apparently it's to "save you the hassle of cooking it yourself"...

Now, I haven't eaten bacon in ages but from what I remember, it wasn't that much of a hassle to fry bacon in a frying pan...

And the fact that it doesn't need to be refrigerated disturbs me...
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #6
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 66,783
Local Time: 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
Another thing I just thought of...

What's with all the pre-cooked crap now?

Pre-cooked bacon? Apparently it's to "save you the hassle of cooking it yourself"...

Now, I haven't eaten bacon in ages but from what I remember, it wasn't that much of a hassle to fry bacon in a frying pan...

And the fact that it doesn't need to be refrigerated disturbs me...
That sounds positively evil.



How about egg beaters? They're made from 99% real eggs, yet they're supposedly an egg substitute? I'd pay good money to know what the other 1% is...probably some sort of rat poison.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
U2Girl416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Posts: 3,435
Local Time: 03:49 AM
how about the Lay's onion dip that I find in the chips/snacks aisle? it obviously looks like a creamy dip and that it's not refrigerated is a little scary.
U2Girl416 is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,876
Local Time: 05:49 AM
mmm... processed oils...
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #9
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 04:49 AM
Cinnamin Toast Cruch is the King of Cereals. No dried fruit. Just toast, cinnamin a whole lotta crunch*.















* I let it sit for a minute so it gets soggy though. But Cinnamin Toast Soggy doesn't sound good. Also, I can't spell Cinnamin to save my life.
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 02:41 PM   #10
Bug
War Child
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Twisting Nether
Posts: 839
Local Time: 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
Can't be any worse than the dried marshmallows or whatever the hell they're supposed to be...

Lucky Charms are cool when you're a kid but as you get older the idea of chewing flavored dust looses it's appeal
DUDE. Dried Marshmallows are the food of the gods!
Bug is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,876
Local Time: 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bug
DUDE. Dried Marshmallows are the food of the gods!
If by some evil angry vengfull god... then yes, yes they are.
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JessicaAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Milwaukee, WI (USA)
Posts: 11,743
Local Time: 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon






How about egg beaters? They're made from 99% real eggs, yet they're supposedly an egg substitute? I'd pay good money to know what the other 1% is...probably some sort of rat poison.
According to the Egg Beaters Website

Quote:
Egg Beaters Original is made with 99% eggs — but only the best part — the whites. The other 1% consists of vitamins and other nutrients usually lost when the yolk is removed. Egg Beaters Original have no artificial flavors, preservatives or colors.
JessicaAnn is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 02:49 AM
Tried some cereal with dried strawberries in it once.. Never again.
kafrun is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 06:04 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Cleasai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 32° N 117° W
Posts: 3,773
Local Time: 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JessicaAnn

Egg Beaters Original is made with 99% eggs — but only the best part — the whites. The other 1% consists of vitamins and other nutrients usually lost when the yolk is removed. Egg Beaters Original have no artificial flavors, preservatives or colors.

That's it. I had to rely on the stuff when I had to loose weight like real fast (for surgery). Stuff's not too bad actually.
Cleasai is offline  
Old 06-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 05:49 AM
__________________

Canadiens1131 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com