IO - cats deserve better.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
There's a cat, called Jack, who lives on my street...he's sort of a stray because he ran away from his original owner and now he just goes to this one lady's house for food and sleeps in her kitchen during the day. He's such a sweetie and the last week me and my Mom have been feeding him because the lady who usually feeds him was away. He's a beautiful tabby cat and he's really sweet-natured. :)

Apparently some idiot who lives in the same building at the lady who feeds Jack has complained that she's letting him into her apartment to feed him. They're not really supposed to have pets in that building and she claims that letting a cat in to eat some food and sleep for a few hours a day counts as keeping a pet. So now they're probably going to have to call the Cat's Protection League (don't know if you have that in the US, but it's basically a charity who take in homeless cats and try to re-home them) to take him away. And he HATES going away from home - we had to take him to the vets once and he cried all the way there and was absolutely terrified at being put in the cat basket. He won't even come inside anyone else's house and if you try to carry him down the street he freaks out. So basically if they try to take him away he's going to be terrified and he's pretty old already and who knows what's going to happen to him.

I'm so mad with the :censored: who complained about him. What a selfish little :censored:. That lady has been having Jack in her apartment occassionally for like a year now so it's obvious it's not causing this other person any problem - she's just found out about it and decided she's going to make a fuss because someone broke a 'rule'. Evil :censored:. :mad: :mad: Why are people so freaking mean? :banghead:

Okay...I really hate these people who complained now. The lady who feeds Jack has only just got out of hospital after having a major operation and literally two days after she got home they went to her house and yelled at her about Jack. They're claiming that her letting him into the house attracts seagulls (wtf - we live by the seaside - THAT's what attracts seagulls) and that if the "trip over a seagull" (what, are they BLIND? Seagulls are freaking huge - if you fall over one you're damn stupid.) they're going to sue her.

She's been taking care of Jack for FOUR YEARS and now she's going to have to let him go because those evil bastards have decided to cause trouble. How can anyone be that mean - they're bullying an elderly lady literally two days after she came home from the hospital. She's really upset about it because she really cares about Jack. I HATE those people now. They have serious problems.

Oh my God

:yell: :censored: :rant: :angry:

Shit like this pisses me off.

Hopefully if they take him to the shelter he can find a good home :(

FYI most cats dont like being put in a carrier and taken anywhere in the car. All of my cats have cried and whined the whole way.

if i knew who the people were that complained, i would have gone off on them. they fucking suck for complaining and causing that poor lady more grief.

I'm so mad about this guys. I really want to be able to do something to help - both the lady who has been caring for Jack, and Jack himself. My Mom and I are going to try to feed Jack outside our house and let him inside if he'll come inside, but he's so suspicious of people that he won't let us carry him down the road to our house so we can give him food. I guess all we can do is put food outside for him and HOPE that eventually he'll start to trust us. I don't know what'll happen if he doesn't though...I guess he'll HAVE to go to the cat's protection league, but I'm worried about what'll happen to him if he's locked up in a kennel after being used to roaming around freely. Plus he's scared of strangers so it'll be really stressful for him.

I'm so upset for the lady who takes care of him too. She's taken care of him for four years...I can't imagine having to stop taking care of a pet I'd had for that long, it would break my heart. :( I really hope we can take care of him because I guess she'll feel better if she knows he's okay here.

And I want to scream at those people who threatened her. How heartless to bully an elderly person just after they've had a huge operation. And how can anyone be so cruel as to want to take someone's pet away from them? It's not like her taking care of Jack was hurting them...they're just being cruel. If I ever bump into them on the street there'll be a :yell: serious argument :yell: because I'm just disgusted at anyone who would do this. :mad: :sad: :banghead:

Sorry for ranting so much about this everyone.

Can you take him in yourself?? Do you live in that apartment building or a house? If you can get him to your house maybe keep him inside for a week, feed him, give him love and then let him out again. He will most likely then stay around your house and not the lady's house.

Fact of the matter is, people are assholes.. especially ones that dont care about cats.. or any pets for that matter.... its really easy for them to just say "who cares" and call the animal control.

That's horrible..why can't people just mind their own freakin business??

My neighbor used to have a beautiful little charcoal gray cat named Joe Cool and even though I don't think cats should roam around outside, he was like the neighborhood cat. If I walked outside and he saw me, he would literally run across the street and meow at me, wanting to play :cute: He would get in our house ALL the time and sometimes we would be watching TV at night and hear a noise at our sliding door and little Joe would be out there hitting the glass with his paw! He visited EVERYONE on our street and loved to be social.

I started seeing this lady from another block acting strange when she got to the corner by Joe's house...she would stand and stare down his street and I could never figure out what she was looking at until one day, we drove by her house and saw cat stickers on her car and a bunch of cats in her windows. She apparently had a problem with Joe being let out to roam free and complained to his owners that they should keep him inside.

About a week later, he disappeared :| We think, and his owners think that this woman took it upon herself to "rescue" him because she didn't think he should be outside. She denies it but I know she did it. There were posters up all over offering a big reward if someone found him but its been 2 months and he's still gone :(

Busybodies make me SO mad :mad:

Last edited:
:rant: this thread literally made me get all pissed off and bent out of shape. damn people. people suck. My next door neighboors are the type of people who take in stray animals and "takes care" of them... even though they are borderline poor :| Normally Id be ok with that. Except for when the caretakes aren't financially responsible for the animals health

the strays here are being culled by the health board

there was actually a sterilisation act in place but the government WITHOUT WARNING actually violated the act and proceeded to tell everyone that it was no longer in place.

Maybe you could ring the Cat Protection League and pose as his owner? Say to them you admit you were in the wrong by letting your cat outdoors but the lady in your street is old and lonely and you know Jack cheers her ups. Say you're sorry for causing any inconvenience and you will be keeping him locked up in future. That will hopefully get the Cat people off your backs for a bit until you can maybe work something out?
I hate lying, but when its something like this, I'd do it without even blinking.
What a stupid woman, the one who is complaining :mad:

Last edited:
We just got Jack to come to outside our house to give him some food. :) I'm really happy he came here because usually he's really suspicious of being taken away from the apartment building. He didn't want to go inside the house so we just made a fuss of him outside and tried to make sure he knows we're not going to take him away or anything. I guess we'll just keep feeding him and hopefully he'll start to come to our house to get food instead of going to the apartment building. I really hope this works. I'm going to go talk to the lady who's been taking care of him later and let her know that he's okay.

Oh good.. keep feeding him and give him attention and love.. hopefully he will stay around your house. Can you keep him inside for awhile, or does he make a stink to get out?

He just doesn't want to go inside the house so I'm worried if I try to make him then he'll get suspicious of us and refuse to come here even to get food. Once he's started to trust us more I'll try to get him to come inside though. :)

Back
Top Bottom