IO: Bus strike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
So theres gonna be a bus strike tomorrow and we are all stranded!!!!! So I get the day off uni which means I get a lie in :heart: My mum has to take the day off work cus we leave her in town and she gets the bus and the silbings also get a bus from school into town and then another bus home...

My dads the only one venturing out but traffic is apparently going to be bedlam so he said he cant take me to uni cus he cant afford ot get stuck in a traffic jam.

They are threatning to do this every Friday for 5 weeks - one week is ok im only missing a lecture and spanish conversation but if i missed 5 weeks of spanish conversation classes I have missed half the semister and would lose marks for that :der:

My friends are all off too because the trains are going to be bunged and they only have one train in the morning my friends can get.

So yeah.... I havent had a lie in in 3 weeks. :hyper:

Yes indeed, LA transit workers are on strike, as are our grocery store workers.

I had to cross a picket line to get to my bank inside the grocery store yesterday :mad:

I was at the forefront of the procession against raising student fees yesterday I belive in following the student movement

Well what actually happened was I was walking into town and they were all behind me :shifty:

And they kept trying to give me a yellow t-shirt and a banner with some anti tony blair slogan on it - I hopped on the bus in the nick of time cus they all descended infront of the city hall and if I had of waited later they would have blocked the bus route home.

Back
Top Bottom