IO: Beetles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tania said:
A March fly is 3cm long. Big MOFOs.:|

And they're kinda grey with subtle stripes. Not strict stripes mind, just paler marks down their backs. It's funny, I remember we had a big plague of them once. It was after the Bogan Moths came through in '56. It was a dry summer, another drought had knocked the depressing recession out of the headlines and Pa and I were sittin out on the verandaaah and Pa spat out his teeth and nearly disclocated his titanium knee rushing inside to get Maw with the Baygon and broom..

I've never seen more than two lady bugs at the same time. I've been deprived of bug plagues in my life here in the Netherlands but I can't say I mind.

However, when I was in Texas once I saw a that after it had rained for a day in summer the next day the streets would be covered with dead green bugs. All run over by cars. :yuck: I thought they were grasshoppers, they were green and had long legs and they scared the crap out of me (even though they were dead).

beli said:
Ah well, if you are ever in Australia we can show you some bugs and drool over Adam pictures. You know hes on our national crest now.

Adam:drool:

I don't think you'll have time to show me those bugs.... LOL

i think i hear the sounds of then, of peple talking. scenes recalled. bionic movement, a certain texture. brings home the heady days of night time sweat.
out on the patio, we sit.

:drool:

Adam'sbaby said:
I've never seen more than two lady bugs at the same time. I've been deprived of bug plagues in my life here in the Netherlands but I can't say I mind.

However, when I was in Texas once I saw a that after it had rained for a day in summer the next day the streets would be covered with dead green bugs. All run over by cars. :yuck: I thought they were grasshoppers, they were green and had long legs and they scared the crap out of me (even though they were dead).

They weren't dead. That's a cunning trick those crickets have of lying flat on the road and when you turn your back they leap up and go for you.

beli said:

We could perch on a 12 foot verandah one hot summers night, drool over our Antons, and LISTEN to the bugs. How does that sound?

Ok, now what do I have to bring to protect me from bugbites? I think I should buy lots and lots of anti bug sprays and stuff like that to protect me.
By the way, what happens when you get bitten by one of them bugs?
:hmm: I hope I won't go mad after a bite or worse...

*thinks of movies that include people getting bitten by bugs and killed because the bug left an egg inside of them that grew out to be one hell of a bug later* :yikes:

Surely, this won't happen right? We'll just have a nice peaceful evening drooling over our Antons...

Tania said:

They weren't dead. That's a cunning trick those crickets have of lying flat on the road and when you turn your back they leap up and go for you.

:ohmy:

Wait a second,

This is a joke. I turned my back on them. And then I turned around again and they we're still dead. Hadn't moved an inch(or centimeter, whatever you want to say) :eyebrow:

Or maybe this only counts for those Australian crickets....
Ah now I get it.

Adam'sbaby said:

Ok, now what do I have to bring to protect me from bugbites? I think I should buy lots and lots of anti bug sprays and stuff like that to protect me.
By the way, what happens when you get bitten by one of them bugs?
:hmm: I hope I won't go mad after a bite or worse...

*thinks of movies that include people getting bitten by bugs and killed because the bug left an egg inside of them that grew out to be one hell of a bug later* :yikes:

Surely, this won't happen right? We'll just have a nice peaceful evening drooling over our Antons...

Bring a supply of chocolate. that way you can die happy!:wink:

Actually we have lots of sprays here for everything and hospitals if something nasty bites you.

Argh...now these things are out:

mayfly3.jpg

angrybig.gif

Melon

Adam'sbaby said:
And what is this bug called? Rather creepy looking bug too.. :scratch:

"Mayflies." Except they always come out in June here. :angry:

Melon

Back
Top Bottom