IO - Baseball Give-aways Aint What They Used to Be

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
I got a free NY Mets umbrella from a game I attended last season. I never used it. It sat in the back seat of my car....until today. It's pouring out, so I decided to use it......It's freakin' broken !!:mad:

Oh, how I long for the days when they used to give us mini wooden bats.:drool: ....They never broke (unless you were swinging it at your significant other for burning the dinner and accidentally smash the wall)

um I'm scared of your domestic violence tendencies but I must disagree. Red sox duffle bags are quite nice, as are the magnet calendars. and if you sign up for a credit card you can get a variety of nifty blankets, towels, tshirts, and hats. Just put down a fake social so you don't ruin your credit score. Though I will say the duffel bag I got with a fake social that didnt have ads on it ripped whereas the 2-3 I've had for years that were free and say delta/etc are in great shape.

Also when I was in Anaheim for the WBC last March they advertised some pretty cool giveaways...school lunchbox, alarm clock...

Numb1075 said:
I got a free NY Mets umbrella from a game I attended last season. I never used it. It sat in the back seat of my car....until today. It's pouring out, so I decided to use it......It's freakin' broken !!:mad:

Oh, how I long for the days when they used to give us mini wooden bats.:drool: ....They never broke (unless you were swinging it at your significant other for burning the dinner and accidentally smash the wall)

lol, The Mets. That's your problem right there.

Varitek said:
um I'm scared of your domestic violence tendencies but I must disagree. Red sox duffle bags are quite nice, as are the magnet calendars. and if you sign up for a credit card you can get a variety of nifty blankets, towels, tshirts, and hats. Just put down a fake social so you don't ruin your credit score. Though I will say the duffel bag I got with a fake social that didnt have ads on it ripped whereas the 2-3 I've had for years that were free and say delta/etc are in great shape.

I've found that the Red Sox over the years have been the cheapest bastards around when it comes to give out free stuff. Granted they don't have to give anything away because they sell the place out everynight, but it still doesn't change their cheapness. Hell, I'd be happy with a dollar dog night, but that'll never happen.

One of my past jobs, we were sponsors with the St. Paul Saints (minor league baseball). Our company sponsored the "Three Stooges night." I was my task to obtain 3,000 "bald wig caps" to giveaway!

I must say that I have a Baltimore Orioles umbrella from maybe 5 or 6 years ago and it's still in great shape and it's one of the larger ones. I have to agree on the giveaways though, some of them are so dumb or cheap, that there's no point really. You'd think this past season would have been one where the White Sox really stepped things up because of winning the championship in 2005, but the only cool things were the magnetic schedules (which we always go for ), mini-trophy replica, the ring replica and the baseball hat. the others were completely dumb and not up to par with a World Series championship team. What's ironic, is that I'm not even a huge baseball fan to begin with. I just go with my fiance. We did collect quite a few bobbleheads this year though in Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Kansas City and Minnesota. I like those. We're going to CA in April though, hopefully one of the teams out there will be offering something cool.

I hear the minor leagues offer some sweet freebies though. keep meaning to check out some teams around here. I read one team gave away envelopes with cash in them ranging from $1 to $100 I think.

I miss the days they handed out free batteries and baseballs...and anything else easily thrown onto the playing surface :drool:

U2Girl416 said:
I must say that I have a Baltimore Orioles umbrella from maybe 5 or 6 years ago and it's still in great shape and it's one of the larger ones. I have to agree on the giveaways though, some of them are so dumb or cheap, that there's no point really. You'd think this past season would have been one where the White Sox really stepped things up because of winning the championship in 2005, but the only cool things were the magnetic schedules (which we always go for ), mini-trophy replica, the ring replica and the baseball hat. the others were completely dumb and not up to par with a World Series championship team. What's ironic, is that I'm not even a huge baseball fan to begin with. I just go with my fiance. We did collect quite a few bobbleheads this year though in Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Kansas City and Minnesota. I like those. We're going to CA in April though, hopefully one of the teams out there will be offering something cool.

I hear the minor leagues offer some sweet freebies though. keep meaning to check out some teams around here. I read one team gave away envelopes with cash in them ranging from $1 to $100 I think.

Minor league promotions are to die for.

Um you guys got ring and trophy replicas? and a free hat? We got the usual magnetic calendars and.... yeah I don't think anything else when the Red Sox had opening day/ring ceremony in 2005.

But the 2003 playoff giveaways were the coolest - the Sox gave out a little cowboy up towel and several radio stations etc gave out different cowboy up hankerchiefs. I have like 4 varieties.

Back
Top Bottom