io: bad films

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
I'm generally good in that I can sit through nearly everything. I've sat through films that many people just couldn't (and having been to a film festival where I saw dozens of films, this did happen more than once).

But there's one film that I just cannot stand at all: Moulin Rouge. I wanted to like it, at first. It looks sort of pretty. But when they started singing, I started to gag. It sounds overproduced and it doesn't even sound like them. But maybe it isn't; maybe it is sung by other people. The point, though, is to, at bare minimum, make it look like the actors are really singing. Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor sucked (despite me liking them in other films). I didn't buy it at all.

Are there films that people genuinely hate?

Melon

This movie called Tiptoes.

Anyone who even knows what it's about would agree. It's a love hate relationship; it's so stupid it's almost hysterically funny but I hate it at the same time. I cannot believe someone had the idea and got the money to make it; that it even exists.

i loooooooooove moulin rouge!!!!!!! i can understand why you wouldn't like it though, to some people it would seem over the top and weird. but i LOVE it!!

a bad movie....:hmm:
well since it was brought up in lemonade stand:
willie wonka and the chocolate factory

Titanic has to be the biggest personal irritant to me.

I also hate Dirty Dancing and generally all of the John Hughes 80s stuff. I think I'm really allergic to the genre.

Independence Day - lets save the world with a laptop :mad:

Thats bad plot though. Melon are you wanting films with bad plots or bad production?

Theres that old Hobbit film where the animation was done over the filming of the actors. During the course of the film the animation becomes increasingly unprofessional. Eventually the actors can be seen through the artwork :huh:

Anything with Ben Stiller or Drew Barrymore, with the exception of The Weeding Swinger, There's Nothing Great About Mary, and... 50 First Dates.

I would also like to take this opportunity to give a thumbs down for Home Fries :down: Stupidest movie ever. Dodgeball sucked too, I don't know how that could've been any less amusing.

Besides BS and DB movies, Lord of the Rings certainly sucks. Who has time to sit through three in a half hours of boredom? Geez. The only thing worse than watching Lord of the Rings is watching Lord of the Rings if you didn't know any English. There's more I don't like, if it comes back to me, I just might come back and post.

melon, I almost walked out of Moulin Rouge. I HATED HATED HATED it. It was only because my best friend wanted me to see it that I sat through it.

Other movies I either walked out of or wanted to but didn't because I was with someone:

Cold Mountain (a civil war movie without black people, and Renée Zellweger making a bunch of stupid faces and calling it acting)

Something About Mary (just juvenile humor)

Bad Santa - walked out of it

There are many more but I'm drawing a blank. Right now I'm trying to get through the DVD of Bourne Supremacy but I think it's a case of three strikes, it's out. I think it's well done, just not my thing.

Back
Top Bottom