IO Answer to the riddle (dont open if you hate spoilers)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
I THINK this is the answer, anyway.

There's not 3 people. there's a deaf person. there's a blind person. there's a mute person. the blind person is also mute, therefore he doesn't actually have to say a thing. he is mute, he cannot. he is also blind and cannnot see. but he is not deaf. the deaf man who stole the orange speaks. he speaks, as we do daily in verbal communication and he tells the man he stole his orange.

now i can go to bed and hope that this is correct. i had to draw a picture to make sure this can be the answer.
dont tell me im wrong because i will throw myself off the harbour bridge.
:grumpy:

Angela Harlem said:
the deaf man who stole the orange speaks. he speaks, as we do daily in verbal communication and he tells the man he stole his orange.

:hmm:

Why would the deaf man reveal that he stole the orange? And didn't the riddle ask how the mute man would tell the blind man? :huh:

Also, it's been said that there are more then 2 people. While this explanation sounds fairly reasonable, it is not the correct answer according to the other link posted in the original riddle thread.

Anna, I did something bad and got locked. :sad: Now I come to you for sollace. Are you still coming here in October? I will travel to the ends of the earth to meet you. :hug:

Oh, and I like your riddle answer, but I think that riddle is evil and wrong and probably like that polar bears being white riddle that has no answer.

LikeNoOneBefore said:
Yeah my friend said that there are three people, not two. I've tried the combination thing, but it didn't work. :grumpy:

then the riddle is fundamentally flawed. mute people cannot speak, let alone engage in daily verbal communication.

i call shenanigans!
:madspit:

this riddle kept me awake for about an hour last night. i want that hour back, damnit! what's your friend's number? :lol:

meegannie said:
Anna, I did something bad and got locked. :sad: Now I come to you for sollace. Are you still coming here in October? I will travel to the ends of the earth to meet you. :hug:

locked out?? still definitely going in october! :hyper: 10th til um...it depends when i get out of ireland and into france :drool:
prolly 2 weeks or so though. the first weekend after the 10th will probably be spent up around liverpool. where's norwich? i need my trusty tourist map :D except for liverpool, we dont have anything booked in yet. i would love to finally meet you!
:hug:

LikeNoOneBefore said:
Yeah my friend said that there are three people, not two. I've tried the combination thing, but it didn't work. :grumpy:

I'm beginning to think that the mute isn't the one initiating the verbal communication, only acknowledging it.

Angela Harlem said:

prolly 2 weeks or so though. the first weekend after the 10th will probably be spent up around liverpool. where's norwich? i need my trusty tourist map :D except for liverpool, we dont have anything booked in yet. i would love to finally meet you!
:hug:

map_england.gif

Back
Top Bottom