IO: Anchovies are misunderstood.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
They're so delicious, but they get a bad rap. I encounter people quite often that say they don't like them, but upon questioning it's oft proved that they've never tried them. That's a crime. They wonderful on pizza or with a slice of cheese. I eat them straight up. Salty awesomeness!

Give it the f' up for anchovies!

FYI - We got no time for Haters in this thread. 'chovy lovers only, please.

UberBeaver said:
They're so delicious, but they get a bad rap. I encounter people quite often that say they don't like them, but upon questioning it's oft proved that they've never tried them. That's a crime. They wonderful on pizza or with a slice of cheese. I eat them straight up. Salty awesomeness!

Give it the f' up for anchovies!

FYI - We got no time for Haters in this thread. 'chovy lovers only, please.

:love: :drool:

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
And everything I would like to be
I can fly higher than an eagle
For you are the wind beneath my wings

UberBeaver said:

HEY! - What I just say about haters? Go bring some other topic down with your negativity. And bring Sicy and Doozier too. Why don't the three of you get together and make a topic about white fish :yuck:. Gross.

!!!!!

Add Mr. BAW to the list. :up:

People look at us like we're freaks because we order an extra plate of anchovies with our cesar salads but they're just so damn delicious :drool:

People look in our pantry and see our stash of anchovy tins and go "ewwww, how can you eat that crap?" "Try it" I tell them..."it's like a flavor explosion"

But do they listen? :tsk:

Bono's American Wife said:
Add Mr. BAW to the list. :up:

People look at us like we're freaks because we order an extra plate of anchovies with our cesar salads but they're just so damn delicious :drool:

People look in our pantry and see our stash of anchovy tins and go "ewwww, how can you eat that crap?" "Try it" I tell them..."it's like a flavor explosion"

But do they listen? :tsk:

YES! We buy those little 5 packs of the tins. I use them when I make sauce, I throw a whole can of them into the sace, and they melt. I usually keep a few on the side to snack on. And the oil....oh man, it's briliant. That goes in the sauce too.

It kills me that people love Ceasar Salad, but they're in denial about the anchovies. You're eating them! They're delicious! Why deny it?

It's all I get on pizza anymore - I hate when places don't serve them :mad:. We're converting my mother in law now. She had some anchovy pizza last night, she was all about it afterwards. w00t!

Beaver
Wife of Beaver
BAW
Mr. Baw
Mother of Beav
Mother in Law of Beav*

* in training.

Doozer61 said:
:hmm: maybe an I love Fish Sticks thread???

fisherman.gif
Fish sticks :heart:

Have you tried:
popcornfish2.jpg

Oh ... and anchovies. I don't like them straight out of the can, but they add a wonderful flavor in sauces.

I heard the beav brushes his teeth with anchovies paste :)

All hail the Cesar...but those little fuckers screw up pizza. :down:

keep those dirty little fishes away from my pizza. :angry:

Re: I heard the beav brushes his teeth with anchovies paste :)

zoney! said:
All hail the Cesar...but those little fuckers screw up pizza. :down:

keep those dirty little fishes away from my pizza. :angry:

Yesh.

I love Ceasar salad but no anchovies please :yuck:

Beaver
Wife of Beaver
BAW
Mr. Baw
Mother of Beav
Mother in Law of Beav*
adrball