io #age polarization

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i have no contact with anyone under the age of 20 or over the age of 60.

do what you will with this information.

Well, at least you aren't a pedophile, and you don't have to hunt for your friends' dentures after a party.

my dad is over 60. otherwise i would probably be in the same boat. or maybe not. i don't know.

AGEIST!! :mad:

i say i'm under 20 like i'm into it or something

Screaming Flower said:
my dad is over 60. otherwise i would probably be in the same boat. or maybe not. i don't know.

AGEIST!! :mad:

OTHERSHANNON!!!!! :mad: :rant: :angry:

I'm WAAAAAAY under 20, and we talk. :mad: see?

HelloAngel said:
Really? Then I'm WAAAAAAAYYYY older than you. :wave: Judging from your profile, you are almost 20, yes?

I'm almost 19 actually.

And by almost I mean my birthday is in a few months.

Lilly said:

I'm almost 19 actually.

And by almost I mean my birthday is in a few months.

Lucky girl... I miss 19 and all the freedom I had. I miss school! I miss constant night-clubbing!! I wanna be young again! :scream:

That's what I generally hear from people who aren't 19.

Lest they forget that 19 is perhaps the shittiest age to be.

Lilly said:
That's what I generally hear from people who aren't 19.

Lest they forget that 19 is perhaps the shittiest age to be.

It might seem like it is - and I suppose it's a person-to-person basis in terms of "shittiest" age to be. For me, the shittiest age was in middle school in terms of confusion over our changing hormones and bodies.

High school would have been a blast for me had it not been for family problems..

College (18-22) was a breeze in terms of relative shit.

I think once you get out of college and see that nothing is owed to you and that life isn't fair can sometimes be pretty shitty. But again, it's goes person-by-person.

I suppose many people have an early peek at a mid-life crisis around 19-20..not always the kindest of ages but it does vary from person to person

:hug: to H-Angel

Sorry if that seemed like a cut HA, just that I seem to get the "it's the best time of your life EVEEEEERRRRRRRRR!" thing a lot, and it sorta makes me want to quit while I'm ahead seeing as I haven't had the most priveleged life upto now.

I know what you mean though - little responsibility, lots of life to live. Circumstances that only come around once in life.

Lilly said:
Sorry if that seemed like a cut HA, just that I seem to get the "it's the best time of your life EVEEEEERRRRRRRRR!" thing a lot, and it sorta makes me want to quit while I'm ahead seeing as I haven't had the most priveleged life upto now.

I know what you mean though - little responsibility, lots of life to live. Circumstances that only come around once in life.

Not at all, chica. :hug: I know exactly how people say things like that at 19, and I still get it at 25 which is annoying - not that I feel like Miss Grown-up, but you know what I'm saying.

I don't think anyone should tell ya how grand your age is until they've walked in your shoes, you know?

I suppose in some ways, life until 22 is a blast because you don't necessarily have the most adult responsibilities on your shoulders and your grown life is still a bit "new." That said, 19-20 produces so much of the "what the hell am I going to do with my life? who the hell am i?!" confusion that you have no idea whether to scream, laugh or dance. It completely sucks, but don't quit - you're a really great person. The "big" world will be lucky to have you. :hug:

I wish I was younger again too, but I think that's only because I'm stupid about wishing to have done things differently. Part of it is less responsibility though. On the upside, I do like certain things about my life now that are unique to this phase. I think that's the best way to look at it.

Just enjoy where you are, but don't expect things to always be the same. Just adapt to life as it changes.

I'm coming upon 22 and this is an very symbolic age in my culture

HelloAngel said:
College (18-22) was a breeze in terms of relative shit.
i wish it was like this for me. :sad:

but i agree with you, it's different for each person. for me, my happiest time was like pre-school/elementary school. back then i really didn't have a care in the world. my biggest worry was colouring outside of the line for a moment. or maybe worrying if i'll be considered a dork because i've not taken off my training wheels yet.

but right now...i mean the only good things in my life are my husband, my mom, and my hair colour.

Back
Top Bottom